1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 7

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Aye Pun how has Macho Harris been this season? Has he started the whole year at Safety?

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I believe they keep continuing this to see if he can show some, any type of success and then use Vick as trade bait. The thing is, any competent GM that is looking at Vick should know the Eagles would owe him $6 million next season and likely would not exercise that option anyway so he's going to be a free agent after this season.

3. Lil Pun

He has been the starter since the first game. He has been reliable but nothing special.

4. Major

Major Member

Uhhh, if it's the 4th quarter, and you're down 17 and on the 36 yard line, why on Earth would you punt? Either go for the 4th and 14 or try the 53 yard field goal. But punting at the 36 when you need points?

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

It seems like he looks worse and worse every time they put him out there. I guess because usually the play is very conservative.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

I was shocked he fell so far in the draft. I felt you guys had a steal in him. Hopefully it works out.

7. Lil Pun

I just need a 12+ yard touchdown pass to Celek from McNabb. Please football overlords, please!!!

8. Lil Pun

I hope you're right.

9. Lil Pun

Haynesworth with a lucky sack.

10. Lil Pun

Well there goes any chance of me getting those points I needed. Oh well, I'll gladly take an Eagles victory over fantasy football any day of the week

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

the skins are hilarious

i love going to work every week and making fun of them.. even when they win ugly.

at least this year, no one is saying they're going to the super bowl for once

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I was down 42 points.

Desean Jackson: 24pts

Eagles D/ST: 19pts

Me= :D

13. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

I win :D

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I ended up winning my game this week by 4.5. I got 5 points of the soon-to-be world famous Stylez G. White...DL for Tampa Bay.

Don't doubt the power of Stylez G.

It that isn't the greatest name in the NFL, I don't know what is.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMn1RwPpkAc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMn1RwPpkAc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thanks! Awesome hit by AD. He left cleat marks on the guy.

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That was mean. I'll always make fun of AP for going to OU "because they had a better chance to win a national championship", but it's quite clear he is the best RB in the game today.

18. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Although that play by Peterson is awesome, how come there is no helmet to helmet penalty when AD clearly lowered his helmet and smacked Gay in the facemask?

Why the double standard?

If a defender does that then its automatic flag and possible ejection. I thought the point of helmet to helmet rule was to protect players on BOTH offense and defense.

19. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

They did.

20. Lil Pun

The rules state that a tackler can not use his helmet to butt, spear or ram an opponent. The rules also state that no player can use the top of his helmet unnecessarily.

When looking at the AP play, it looks like he was leading with his shoulder and the helmet contact was incidental so the rule would not apply here.