1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 3

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Sep 25, 2009.

1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Another reason the Jets secondary looks so good is the way their front line puts pressure on the QB so quickly. ESPN did that timer thing on Brady's throw before the defense got to him and it was under 2 secs. The key to playing excellent coverage is to pressure the QB. Even the best CBs will get exposed the longer the QB has to throw where a receiver can stretch the route to the open part of the field. Same reason why Titans secondary looked so good because Haynesworth and Co got to the QB pretty quickly. Now the Titans CBs have to play longer routes and cover more ground unlike last year where they took gambles to intercept the ball.

Bottom line, Texans need to start pressuring the QB so our secondary doesn't get exposed as badly.

2. juicystream

juicystream Member

Their secondary can't cover these guys for an hour. Vanden Bosch is the most overrated DE in the league. The Titans will continue to suck unless they pressure the QB. They were doing it early against the Steelers, but then couldn't get close without blitzing.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Who are the corners for the Titans that got scorched for worst pass defense? A bunch of Steve Jackson status dudes? :confused:

4. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I think someone in my league has Michael Crabtree.
    I told him that he should drop him for Plaxico Burress.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

it's not too hard to shut down someone when the quarterback doesnt have time to throw the ball

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

Damnit. No double header for us again during the early game because the Texans are at home. Might have to hit up the sports bar again to catch more of the action.

8. juicystream

juicystream Member

Hard to tell what games I'll be getting on CBS. Live right along the divide.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

You can zoom in just like you can on regular ol' Google Maps, sir. :cool: (double-click. drag. etc.)

10. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

woot, steelers will be on again in oklahoma.

11. juicystream

juicystream Member

Thanks for making it look obvious for me. Wish I got Jets vs. Titans instead of KC vs. Philly.

12. sammy

sammy Member

Well I guess I meant he has been the best this season. He hasn't allowed his guy to get into the endzone.

Vincent Jackson got Asomuhga in week 1. Maybe I'm still bitter bc that play gave my opponent the victory in fantasy fb.

13. Obito

Obito Member

Chargers are going to be cooking fish sticks this Sunday. :D

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah, well I guess you could blame that on Stanford Routt being a ****ing moron on that play and breaking his deep coverage to try and intercept the ball, and letting it fly past his hands.

Then again, Jackson caught one in triple coverage last week.

Rivers seems to have some sort of magical ability to will the ball into his hands.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

hopefully jay cutler can continue to get better (and please bears' WRs, hold onto the damn ball, geez).

the game i'm looking forward to the most is colts v. cardinals. 2 QBs coming off terrific games (efficiency-wise) with elite wideouts in fitz and wayne. hopefully it'll be a shootout.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

Hey is he going to cover Eddie Royal at all this week?

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Depends on the sets, they tend to play man up and leave Nnamdi on one side at all times, so he could be covering any receiver on that side.

18. Obito

Obito Member

I pick Raiders to beat Denver btw. The Broncos are the biggest pretenders in the NFL.

2 weeks later they think they're going to win the AFC West because they got off with a miracle in Cincy and played the Browns.

J Marc can't go 7-24 again though..

19. sammy

sammy Member

The Broncos D has been great so far. Best fantasy D actually..

20. Obito

Obito Member

Yeah because they've faced the Browns and Cincinnati.