1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Week 2

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

CIN @ CLE

NYG @ CHI
    ATL @ DAL
    DET @ GB
    JAX @ TEN
    MIN @ IND
    BUF @ MIA
    SF @ NYJ
    LAR @ PHI
    DEN @ PIT
    CAR @ TB

WAS @ ARZ
    KC @ LAC
    BAL @ HOU

NE @ SEA

NO @ LV

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Cinci's O-Line and defense are failing Burrow. But what else is new?

STR8Thugg likes this.
  3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yeah they are. He's still looking solid out there tho.

I am an LSU alum and superfan so I've adopted Cincinnati as my guilty pleasure team. His numbers didn't look good in week 1 but he was clutch as hell. When they needed him, he drove them all the way down the field in the last two minutes, threw a beautiful strike to AJ Green on the outside corner of the pylon that nobody but Green could get to... caught, feet in, touchdown. Cincy wins, Burrow legend continues! Nope, Green pushed off, it was called correctly, and fat ****ing randy shanks a 31 yarder to tie.

Last night they were having to do a lot of dink and dunk throws to Mixon bc the o line was getting exposed again, so his YPA was bad, but still managed to be relatively efficient, throw 3 tds, and engineer good drives.

Burrow has been really fun to watch. He's only going to get better as the season continues, which is not a good thing for the Texans. Cincy should be competitive in most of their games.

On another note, I don't understand why the Browns don't run it 50 times per game. Their rushing attack should easily lead the league. Bengals run D is pretty stout and they were just handled by that combo of Chubb and Hunt.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

If Cinci doesn't protect Burrow better and expects him to throw 50+ passes a game, he's going to die before he reaches year 2. Literally die on the field.

And I think Cinci's run defense ranks among the worst in the league, according to statistics.

I dunno. After watching most of the game last night: the O-Line sucks, the defense sucks, AJ Green looks old as hell out there and Mixon seems to have lost what made him so good.

I feel really bad for Joe Burrow. They don't even need to get him help to win games at this point - they need to get him help so that he doesn't go the David Carr route.

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

He'll be alright, he was only sacked 3x last night and at least one was completely on him.

The o line sucks, but the defense should get better, they have the talent to be better against the run. The stats probably say they are bad bc they just gave up like 200+ to the Browns, but again I think the Browns could and should have the best run game in the league. We will see.

6. buffalobills!!!

Browns have had a horrid offensive line, so that's not good for Cincy

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Oh man...Cowboys are a f*cking joke with their banged up offensive line. We've got 2 offensive tackles starting where it's one player's first start in the NFL and the other player's second start. Translation...dumbass Dak can't even get a pass off before he's running for his life and/or sacked. I honestly don't think the Cowboys are going to score today. Dak just turned it over on a sack/fumble. Dak is not a fast release passer. I doubt he's going to be completing much in the way of passes. Falcons should blow this thing out early. Tough start to the McCarthy era.

Edit: Zeke just had two fumbles on the same drive. And, gave it up on the second fumble. FU, ZEKE!

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cowboys fake punt fail :D

tinman likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

I think they heard you.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not good Bob.

#10 J.R., Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  11. Surfguy

I want to see steam come out of McCarthy's head and him totally flip out. No more Mr. Nice Guy on the sidelines. Get on some asses!

tinman likes this.
  12. Surfguy

Final score: ATL - 80 DAL - 0 .

13. Surfguy

If that's not the worst quarter in Cowboys history, then it is real close.

14. Surfguy

Welp...Cowboys finally woke up.

The funny thing is Cowboys have 128 total yards to Atlanta's 110. And, we're down by 13.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

49ers got absolutely wrecked by the injury bug.

Starting QB, RB, best defensive player and a really good player in Thomas? Wow.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Julio drop on one end; Amari Cooper catch at the other ... SMH

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Rodgers keeps throwing these absolute dimes to his receivers, and they keep dropping the ball(s).

18. Surfguy

That Cooper catch was totally awesome! Yes, I'm from the Valley.

19. Surfguy

Umm...did the Cowboys just fake another punt for a failed attempt to get a first down? Unbelievable.

Two in one game. Garrett would never do that.

tinman likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bill O’Brien level of poker playing

Surfguy likes this.