1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 2

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Sep 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

And so ends a great NFL Sunday!

2. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys...way to open up your billion dollar playpen with a loss to your bitter rivals.

Might try getting that Romo character to try throwing to the guys with the stars on their helmets...or you know...not

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

If Miami can take down Indy, then it will be a perfect NFL week.

4. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Omg Giants.. all luck but im not sayin that as an excuse like i always say when we lose..Wow Barber and Lopez were amazing though God Romo was Terrubl :mad:

5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

$1,000,000,000 FAIL

[​IMG]

105,121 RECORD CROWD = FAIL

6. DreamRoxCoogFan

Jerry Jones, I'm real happy for ya, and imma let you finish, but the Texans had one of the greatest stadium openings of all time. ALL TIME... im just saying.

Texans 19, Cowboys 10.

3 people like this.
  7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Texans win, Cowbitches lose. Got to love this Sunday.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

+1 REP!!!

Awesome! :D

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

and I chose to play his sorry ass over Matt Schaub....WHAT WAS I THINKING.

Matt was amazing today.

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Got to love Wikipedia:
    [​IMG]

:(

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tony romo usually puts up pathetic stats in games v. great teams.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

cowboys have an abundance of problems on both sides of the ball. a new stadium will not fix that. the coaches/players have to fix it. that said...it is semi-comforting that we gave up 4 turnovers to their 0 turnovers and, somehow, we still had a lead late in the 4th. defense holds...we win the game. but, of course, they failed miserably. Giants had 24 points off of those 4 turnovers. no way any team can really expect to win that game...but we almost did. that said...cowboys have a lot of problems to work on. the secondary was just bloody awful. romo likes to acnkowledge he makes mistakes and claims he will fix them...but he is still throwing crazy passes into coverage...same as he always does. i guess he is claiming he didn't see their defenders on two of those INTs. the bounce INT one was a fluke. good teams may get the bounce of the ball their way...but that crap last night was just crazy lucky.

it's one game...but it wouldn't surprise me if this type of bs carries throughout the rest of the season...cause it is the Cowboys after all. i'm not sure whether to feel encouraged we still had a chance to win the game...or hang my head at the terrible football i just witnessed. one bright spot is our running game is leading the league so...good start for the rbs. expectations are low for this team and i guess we can see why.

13. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

what I wouldn't do to watch that game again. does anybody know where?

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Is anybody but me ready to say that Newman is not a top-notch corner in this league?

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

i will give you that he is off to a slow start...but he has been pretty reliable in the past when he's healthy. i would not write him off just yet.

16. Asian Sensation

QFT. He's got some of the funniest reactions after a play goes one way or another.

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Top-notch though? I've never thought that and that is what people keep putting him up there as, a top-notch cornerback. Reliable, OK top-notch, no way.

18. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

I've always felt the same way. Newman is vastly overrated -- decent tackler but cover skills are marginal. He seems to get burned pretty often in big games.

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Newman's only Top Notch if compared to the way Jenkins and Scandrick have been playing.

The Cowboys should have won this game but the final drive by the Giants was much too easy. Where was the defensive pressure all night? Where was the attacking D they were going to play this year.

Looked to me like they went into prevent mode and gave up all the underneath stuff until it was too late.

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Damn happy for the Texans today though. Nice to have one bright spot when thinking about Football today.