1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 17

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 28, 2015.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

A bit strange that BOB would give such a hard and fast number.

"Your role will be reduced, and you have to mentor the young guys" is one thing; "we're only giving you 40 catches" is another.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Haven't been watching the telecast closely - what are the scenarios in the NFC if Minny wins or loses?

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I think based on tiebreakers Minny would host the Seahawks if they win. If Packers win, Packers would host the Vikings. If Packers lose, Redskins will host them.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was 100% accurate and he was doing him the courtesy of being honest and treating him like an adult professional.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Lol cordarelle Patterson gets the ball knocked out by Crosby

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

- Be at home and host one of the hottest teams in the NFL
    - Go to Lambeau and try to beat a very beatable Packers team.

Hard to say what I would do, but I'd consider losing to GB today, to secure that second scenario.

How is "your role will be reduced," etc, not also 100% accurate, honest and treating him like a professional? Regardless of bad blood (or lack thereof, or whatever) between Johnson and the Texans, who's to say Johnson can't exceed > 40 catches? I don't think think his skill level has regressed that much.*

*Though I will say, their QB situation mirrors our own, so he could very well only haul in 40 catches, but that's a whole other situation.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

But who is better, Cordarelle Patterson or DeAndre Hopkins?

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Green Bay is coming back in this one. Wow.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not that Johnson couldn't have exceeded 40 catches, it's that it wasn't likely to because he's so washed up as a player. He showed that all season long except for the games against the Texans, that was the only time he looked like he really belonged on an NFL field anymore.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

We all know why you're rooting for Packers against the Vikings.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I would try to lose if I the vikings.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Congrats Minnesota... now you get to play the team that curb-stomped you 3 weeks ago (at home, nonetheless).

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's clear what advantage Aaron Rodgers 2.0 has over the original, Aaron Rogers 1.0 could never have his team win a game when he passes for less than 100 yards with an interception and no TD's while just handing the ball off all game long. Clear upgrade.

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Gtfo

I wasn't rooting for either team just commenting that GB was making an improbable comeback. If anything I was cheering for Andrew Sendejo of the Vikings, as he was a star at Rice.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Minny didn't pull a Detroit!

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Next Saturday is a great day of wild card playoff football. Texans at home followed by Steelers at Bengals.

It doesn't get any better than that.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

A Texans win would help make it better

18. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I know it looks the Vikings are toast but our only hope is that the weather becomes awful with freezing temperatures and snow. The Vikings are playing outdoors this year while the new stadium is being built so if we get some awful weather, this could turn into a toss-up. Right now it looks like it'll snow the two days before the game but I'm hoping that changes and it snows on Sunday as well. It's also going to be in the single digits on Sunday so this may not be such a gimme.