1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL: Week 16

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 22, 2013.

1. IPSAC

IPSAC Member

Can you imagine? Skip Byless head might explode.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yea I was listening to it on 105.3. Several of the sources of that radio station tell that Romo is indeed out. I bet Garrett is saying all that to not let the Eagles know which QB to gameplan for

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

they just interviewed a doc that said he could still play.

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Schaub????

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Free agent QB David Carr will visit to the Cowboys this week, a source tells <a href="https://twitter.com/FOXSports1">@FOXSports1</a>. Carr was most recently w/ division rival NYG.</p>&mdash; Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/statuses/415270936611282945">December 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Well, ATL just pulled off onside kick and San Francisco's playoff hopes have gone from locked to up-in-the-air status.

Edit: and just like that, lol, they win.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

UNBELIEVABLE!

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Matty choke should have burned a timeout considering it was 2nd and 1, they had 3 timeouts left, were on the 11 yard line, down 3, and San Fran went super blitz. The dbacks went inside leverage anticipating a hot read, bumped the ball, got the pick 6. If you're not smart enough to know when to eat the ball or throw it away when you're playing chess against the d-coordinator, at least be situationally aware enough to call a damn timeout and reset.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ryan Schaubed it.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

That wasn't on Matt Ryan

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It was his hot read, and it's possible that Douglass could have made the tough catch for no gain, but every single DB was playing inside leverage and jamming their man. Douglass had no shot at doing anything with it, some shot at catching it, and a real shot of getting popped simultaneously as the ball arrived creating a bobbled ball situation. It was just a really good defensive call...with no good options with those route combinations unless you're whole offense is ready for the max blitz. That's why I thought that he should have called a timeout. If the D-coordinator called the perfect defense vs. your O-coordinator's play-call, then sometimes you're just screwed. This time, he had a chance to abort and regroup bc Ryan saw the defense coming. He reacted properly w/in the frame of the play, but that proper reaction has a greater risk than eating it or throwing it out of the end zone. The risk-reward on that hot read is just not worth it, and the result, taking the play-call into consideration, isn't surprising.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think all this "who is playing QB for the Cowboys" is turning into a bunch of hoopla that distracts from the game. The Eagles could probably care less who is playing QB for the Cowboys. They are going to come in with the same game plan defensively regardless because it's still the same offense.

I just don't see the Cowboys winning this game. There are just too many issues going on with the Cowboys right now...from injuries to poor defense to poor offense. Take your pick. I don't see anyone talking about any issues with the Eagles right now. As far as I know, they have their full compliment of players with the QB who earned the right to be starting for them (even if he did take over due to a Vick injury). They are focused on football. The Cowboys seem more focused on who is playing QB all week this week.

You would think home field advantage would factor in somewhat but I just don't see it as being enough if the team is not playing well. And, it's hard to argue the team is playing well after the last several weeks' efforts even if they did barely beat Washington on a prayer.

My opinion is this is just going to be another disappointing game in a long line of disappointments for the Jones family and company. I'm not holding my breath for a victory. I'm expecting a loss and a win would just be a pleasant surprise which will last all of two seconds until we are ousted in the next playoff game. But, hey...at least they might be able to say they made the playoffs for the second time in 17 seasons or whatever. lol

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Romo being out might cost me the championship in one of my fantasy leagues.

There are no good QBs on the wire.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cowboys signed Jon Kitna.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Darn, there goes the chance for Texans to unload Schaub.

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Romo's history of choking in must-win games are making the Cowboys do this. I'd be surprised, if Romo is not playing this game because I think the Cowboys are doing this to unravel the game plan of the Eagles. If he wins, glory and if he loses, they can blame his injury. There are reasons why San Antonio Spurs are so successful for so long, the big three haven't played a full season in their career. I'm not saying Romo is not injured, but I think the Cowboys are putting more focus on the injury than the game.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

From day one espn has stated that Romo WILL NOT play, while the team states game time decision. If Romo plays espn should be accountable for false reporting.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Accountable how? Do you believe in freedom of the press?

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hilarious

Rocket River

20. Major

Major Member

Actually, they have stated that sources have said that he won't play and needs surgery. Assuming they have a source that said that, their reporting is accurate even if the source is wrong.