1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 11

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Nov 19, 2015.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Oh god you just know this is gonna bite them hard. I love it

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Both teams playcalling is awful. Why wouldn't Jacksonville go for that

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sacked on the final play.

Jags & Titans suck.
    Those uniforms suck.
    Thursday Night Football sucks.
    NFL [product] sucks.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's kinda fun to listen to these sad stats they slip into the commentary. First back to back wins in a "couple of years", and the titans 60 yard return was their longest in 5 years. Looking at their previous records, this is their 2nd win streak since 2010. :(

5. PhiSlammaJamma

The Titans line was inept at run blocking. To see Cobb get hit in the backfield time and time again was embarrassing. All in all the Titans got some yards on the ground, but I think if you watched it, you could see they were terrible.

Mariota was running 3 TE sets. I mean seriously. This is a weaponless team. He needs to be pushing the ball down the field. He's solid under center and on the underneath routes, but if he doesn't begin working on the deep ball in games the team will never score. I'll give a pass until the offense has a WR mentality.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I only watched part of the game, but Mike Mularkey seems like the most conservative play caller I've seen in years. I know he has a mandate to keep Mariota from getting killed but this is going overboard.

From my limited observations, the first order of business for the Titans is to fix their o-line. Their offense is DOA until then.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/adamclanton">@adamclanton</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein">@LanceZierlein</a> <a href="https://t.co/XTxglTPDuN">pic.twitter.com/XTxglTPDuN</a></p>&mdash; Steven Marson (@the_marsonist) <a href="https://twitter.com/the_marsonist/status/667691097406111744">November 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Is there an NFL team out there today that is capable of consistently pushing the ball far down the field with regularity?

I thought their game-plan is literally what he's best suited for.... quick hitting passes over the middle (especially to the TE), and the read-option. His extreme accuracy and athleticism/speed is going to go a long way to having success... but it always will need to be a balance

The days of having a QB drop back, or in shot-gun, and fling it deep are all but gone... defenses are far too quick with their ability to recover and get to the QB (regardless of how good a line is), and linebackers/safeties are more adept than ever at not only reading the QB's tendencies (when they have time), but being able to adjust/audibilize defensive packages at the line (which has QB's completely flummoxed).

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This x1000.

Last time there was this many teams with a losing record at this point of the season was 1990. The AFC South is pitiful...and NFC East isn't much better.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

The AFC south could have three teams at .500 or better when the season ends. Very possible.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Kaep placed on IR; could be the last time we see him in a 9er uniforms

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting
    Where does he go from here?

Rocket River

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

He joins the Muppets on Broadway as Gonzo.

14. MoreydaGOAT

MoreydaGOAT Member

cam and winston with 4td's each

15. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Winston 5 Tds...

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chip Kelly done wrecked the Eagles.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He's a genius! I'm wondering if LSU will go after him when they fire Les Miles.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It was obvious to see this would be a disaster during the offseason. Nothing surprising here.

Dude was very obviously just gunning for headlines in the media. He succeeded!

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Carr looks bad today

Cowboys could win this game

Cam with 5 TD passes

Doug Martin almost has 200 yards rushing

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Matt Ryan with the dumbest throw of his career.