1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 10

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Nov 6, 2014.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He's clearly hurt...

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

**** Lesean Mccoy.

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

man, this eagles defense is no joke

why did we have to lose barwin?!

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Those last 2 garbage time TDs just won me my fantasy matchup. Thank you Kelvin Benjamin!

1 person likes this.
  5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Likewise! Kelvin in the clutch!

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The Eagles D allowed me to overcome 20+ point in my fantasy league haha.

Cam Newton is so overrated.

7. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

He might be but what has been going on this year is injury, personnel and frankly coaching related. When Cam is your o line, running game and quarterback, you are in a bad way. I wonder if the GM Gettleman is not a Panther next year.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I think Newton is who he is. He's a very good player. Nothing more, nothing less. Expecting greatness from him I think is just asking too much.

Sure, every QB would prefer more help.

Luck and Rodgers would love a more consistent running game and O-line. They still go in beast mode.

Brady would love better receivers.

Rivers would love to know who his help is on a weekly basis.

Hell, even Joe Flacco is putting in work after losing his star RB, and lacking good WRs.

I think we know who Newton is. And I think the same way can be said for Kaepernick, but we're willing to give Colin a few more years. Newton basically is the same player he was hos rookie year. He has stagnated in a huge way.

9. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

If he took a snap in the preseason and didn't have an entirely new receiving corps, I'd buy what you are saying but the reality of the situation dictates otherwise.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I figured Cam would flatline this year when his injury eliminated any offseason throwing. That's a killer for a young guy still trying to master what it is to be an NFL QB.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He lost his best receiver. Brady wasn't looking too hot. Then gronk got healthy and Brady looks like used to.

12. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

It's not just that Cam lost his main receiver, he lost ALL of his receivers from last year, his multi year pro bowl LT and didn't take preseason snaps due to his injury. And it's not like he has the experience to straddle that successfully, but then again, who in the league does? Cam might indeed suck but there's no way one can determine that this year. This is mostly on the GM and there's probably a bit of blame in the coaching staff to not recognize and adapt but this year is clearly not on Cam.