1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 1

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Soon enough you'll have to think of a new card, Moes. You won't be able to show off that you have hardware and we don't anymore. I'd say around this time next year. ;)

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If the Chargers win the Super Bowl with Norv at the helm, I'll retire from clutchfans for 1 year.

3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

The Chargers are like the Rockets, good in the regular season but choke in the playoffs. :eek:

4. Obito

Awesome, now I have something else to put on my signature. A chance to retire Moes, ****ing awesome.

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

It's not a bet, unless you wager something as well!

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If the Chargers don't win the Super Bowl, thats all the satisfaction I need.

7. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

The Chargers are to you, as the Patriots are to me. I really can not form a friendship with someone who is a fan of the Pats.

1 person likes this.
  8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I don't think moes had a problem until that other poster started first.

9. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I'm that "other poster"! Crap, sorry I started Moes' Chargers tirade lol

10. Obito

That's sweet of you Moes but I'll wager in as well. I'll retire for a year, from clutchfans, if DHB has 80 or more receptions next year.

I'll set Crabtree's expectation this year since DHB was drafted 2 picks before him.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

This must be repeated.

"I really can not form a friendship with someone who is a fan of the Pats."

12. Obito

He means me. This Charger/Raider rivalry between us has been going for a year and a half now. Most of the time just harmless smack talk.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wow, you're really going out on a limb on that one. :rolleyes:

And I hate the Patriots too, for obvious reasons.

14. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Oops, sorry. Well, I must say, it must be pretty bad being a Raiders fan at the moment lol

15. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Ha, DHB is garbage! Raiders have been really bad with their drafting. I'll cut them a break with McFadden, I thought that was a good pick at the time.

Maybe they have a bad offensive line? I don't watch them much at all, how's their line Moes?

16. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

And I can't believe I was repped for that! Wow, see fellas, hating the Pats does work for ya!

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Heyward-Bey was such a stupid pick, and Mike Mitchell was probably even worse. They did have a good draft this past year though, made up for the 2009 debacle. If anybody is looking for the anti-triplets, look no further than Russell-McFadden-Heyward-Bey.

McFadden can't run between the tackles in the NFL. He's Reggie Bush all over again, still useful if you can get him the ball in space, or split him out and isolate him on a linebacker, but he'll never be the explosive player he was thought to be.

The offensive line is about as mediocre as it gets. The defense going to be better against the run this year, but probably worse against the pass. Jason Campbell is at least better than JaWalrus. Still, the improvements are marginal at best in most areas. Until they find some weapons on the offensive side of the ball other than Zach Miller, they'll continue to be a bad team.

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Hey moes, why all the hate toward Phillip and the Chargers?? I mean I don't like them, but I don't despise them.

Now, I do hate the Patriots and the Cowboys. Can't stand either one. I honestly can't be around any fans of those teams because I feel like any second I'm gonna punch em in the face..

19. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

It is just because he is a Raider fan and they hate the Chargers and vice/versa ... But seriously how long has it been since the Raiders beat the Chargers? When I had season tickets at the Q you could always count on at least 1 person being taken away in handcuffs with a Raider jersey on regardless of if the Raiders were playing or not

Philip Rivers is a guy that just about every team wishes they had at QB and leading the team

1 person likes this.
  20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Phillip Rivers is a guy who eats boogers for breakfast.

Ah, nothing better than riling up the Charger fans before the season starts.

Its ok guys, I'm sure Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeil are just greedy and it has nothing to do with AJ Smith being a power-tripping asshat.

Keep winning those regular season games.