1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 1

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

http://the506.com/sports/?tag=2010-week-1

Well the 2010 NFL season kicks off in 5 days. Some things I want to keep an eye on in this week's games:

Minnesota at New Orleans:

A rematch of last season's NFC Championship game and each team pretty much brings back the same roster.....except Minnesota is banged up at the moment. Should still be a good game.

Carolina at New York Giants:

The regular season opening of the New Meadowlands Stadium, Carolina post-Delhomme, and seeing if New York can rebound after a disastrous season last year.

Cleveland at Tampa Bay:

Mangini is fighting for his job and I don't really remember Cleveland doing anything spectacular this off-season while the Bucs feel confident in Freeman and Williams. Although they'll probably do better than the Browns this season, it shouldn't be by much.

Miami at Buffalo:

Will Brown be able to come back after yet another injury? Will an aging Williams be able to handle an increased workload? Will Buffalo go 0-16?

Detroit at Chicago:

Detroit added some nice young talent on offense and defense this year and it should help them improve although Stafford could blossom into something special this year with the added talent on offense. The defense still looks to be a bit weak. Will Chicago's big name additions help them compete for the NFC North title with Minnesota and Green Bay?

Indianapolis at Houston:

Everybody keeps waiting for Houston to breakthrough and finally make the playoffs and Indianapolis is coming off another Super Bowl season. Plus these two teams always play each other tough. Five of the last six games have been decided by 8 points or less.

Atlanta at Pittsburgh:

Pittsburgh went through some big changes in the off-season and they'll be down their franchise QB for nearly a quarter of the season. It'll be interesting to see how this team adjusts to the changes.

Oakland at Tennessee:

Will Oakland improve with key additions on defense as well as Russell being out from under center now? Will Chris Johnson be able to continue his offensive explosions this season? We'll get a clue in this game of both.

Cincinnati at New England:

It will be interesting to see what Owens can do. I think he did well with the limited talent he had in Buffalo and I think too many people have blown him off. Could this be the year with Moss and Brady finally slowing down and how will Welker respond coming back from his injury? Also, I have heard the Patriots defense could be one of the worst this year so it will be fun to see what an offense like Ciny's can do against it.

Arizona at St. Louis:

Just ask Miami and Buffalo what it is like replacing a hall of fame type quarterback. That is what Arizona will be attempting to do this season. We'll see how it starts. Bradford has officially been named the starter. Will he be like Ryan and Flacco or Stafford when it is all said and done?

San Francisco at Seattle:

Is this the year San Francisco finally gets the NFC West title? Will Carroll make the Seahawks any better than they were? We'll see.....sort of.

Green Bay at Philadelphia

Green Bay may be the NFC's best team this year and they'll get to try their offense on a pretty good defense this week. How will Philadelphia respond in their first big game in the post-McNabb era and how will the defense rebound, if at all, from last year?

Dallas at Washington:

Dallas as looked awful this preseason but it is the preseason. Will they live up to the hype and show that they are a dominant team? What will Dez Bryant look like in his first pro action after so much hype? Another year, another coach in Washington not to mention a new quarterback as well. Will this finally help them make a playoff push?

Baltimore at New York Jets:

These two teams have some of the league's best defenses. Both are depleted through injuries or holdouts. How will they respond? Will Boin be the big name receiver the Ravens have been wanting for years? Does LT have anything left?

San Diego at Kansas City:

Jackson and McNeil are absent but the Chargers still seem like the team to beat in the AFC West.....OK, they ARE the team to beat in the AFC West but how will the respond to so many changes/problems within the organization? Will the pseudo-Patriots find some glory in Missouri?

Hell, I am just ready for pro football, how about you guys? :grin:

#1 Lil Pun, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Take a deep breath.....now exhale.

You feel that?

It's ****ing football season!

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Can't believe the season is finally here.

The most wonderful time of the year baby.

4. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

My Dad scored a free ticket to the Vikings/Saints game. Some guy he works with gave him one, so he found a way to get a business trip out there tuesday.....lucky f***er! Section 311 too...I shall get him back for this!!

Back to topic...great to see football season is here again. Texans have a difficult schedule. I'm anxious to see how our running game will do this year. Hopefully we don't feel the Cushing suspension too much.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Cowboys lose that effen game while continuing to sputter on offense....there will be effen hell to pay. They'll be rapin' everbody! Hide your sisters! Hide your brothers! Hide your animals! Everybody rapin' everybody. McNabb mchurt like the little mcbitch he is. He can't be ready for game one. Spencer and Ware be killing everbody including them dumbeffen peeps in da stands! Romo bettah not be running for his life cause...they rapin' everybody ya'll. i'm serious.

:mad:

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Vincent Jackson wants to be greedy and ruin his football career go right on ahead.

One thing people people don't understand is that Rivers IS a elite, easily top 5 and HE makes receivers, not the other way around. I love us trading for Crayton. Gates is the best TE in the NFL and we have more than enough fire power like we've had for 2 seasons already in the aerial area. Add a running game? This our year. Jackson will regret holding out and I believe we will sign Mcneil soon. AJ understands that he is much more valuable than V-Jack.

Football season baby, the best time of the year. Let's do this bolts!

7. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I used to be a Chargers fan. I fell into the LT love. I liked Rivers for quite a while, he might be the best deep thrower in all of football. But he just seems like such a punk to me.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rivers is the biggest douchebag in the NFL. I really can't even put into words how much I wish he would fall out of a moving truck.

9. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Breathe Moe , Breathe my man .......let that hatred of Rivers go ! :)

10. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Im excited we got Crayton for a 7th round pick ! I think it was getting nasty with Crayton and the Cowboys .

1 person likes this.
  11. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Rivers helped me win my fantasy football league last year.

12. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

I want myself some Chargers football with a side order of some Ravens football as well . Hell ,just give me all 32 teams to go and sip on some whiskey .....

13. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

He's helped me in the past as well, but that doesn't mean I don't think he's a douche!

14. Obito

Lol hate all you want but there's no other QB in the NFL that challenges Asomougha and makes this pass. (3:29)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P2f9QTa9N7c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P2f9QTa9N7c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

15. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

I bet he did ! be aware this year with Vincent Jackson possibly not playing the whole year . He still has a lot of options , but VJ will be missed for people concerned about fantasy or even in real life.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't care what he does. He's a douchebag and nothing will change my opinion of that. I really, really, really despise him.

Going to be awesome to watch the Chargers choke again in the playoffs. Why anybody thinks Norvell Eugene Turner could actually take a team to the Super Bowl is beyond me.

Ah Marty's ghost is still alive and well on the sidelines in SD.

Don't worry. You can always take a 400 mile jot up north if you want to see what a Super Bowl trophy looks like. I believe there are 8 or so lying around in the Bay Area.

17. Obito

I know you wish you had him on your team instead of Campbell, don't lie now.

There's 2 ways of looking at it.

1) You like him, he's a fiery, tough competitor with a warrior like mentality.

2) You don't like him, he's a douchebag with a slick mouth who doesen't know how to use a condom.

If he were on your team you'd go with option 1.

18. Obito

This all bitterness on the part of Moes just because he hasn't witnessed a winning season since the beltway sniper attacks.

On the bright side, 2nd place is looking like a reach anymore with the donkos falling apart.

19. Obito

isn't *

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Not really. I just hate Phillip Rivers. I think he's a PAB. It really is as simple as that.

And a winning season means jack without the hardware, I think we can all agree on that. I don't look back on the 2002 season and celebrate with fond memories that AFC Championship Title, don't know about you, bossman. :)