1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL Turning Point] Bill O'Brien mic'd up

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Sep 9, 2014.

1. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Watched the reairing of the show, I really like BOBs style with the players.
    Also, am I the only one that thinks Bob McNair looks like a mobster? Like he could play one on TV?
    Maybe its the height/suit combo.. or the bald head.

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I was ready to watch it. I was telling myself all day don't forget, come home early and forgot

3. 713

713 Member

4. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

#24 Jet Blast, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Certainly has more passion than Kubiak. I like to see the mic'ed up side of BOB especially after the generic stuff he gives to the media. One thing that bothered me though was how Foster was not really acknowledging O'Brien when he was talking to him.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What I noticed was BOB doesnt call plays.

Theres not an offensive coordinator on the staff and he kept yelling for George (Godsey, Im assuming) the QBs coach to run the ball. I thought he was the guy to call the shots and run the offense? If I'm George, Id want a OC title and a bump in pay grade.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I love this freaking coach

8. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Does that surprise u? Foster is an ahole. I surely won't miss him when he's gone after this year. Blue and Grimes will do just as nice.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Sounds like we finally got a leader running the team. I know it's a trite term to use without further results, but only certain personalities are capable of taking a team to the Super Bowl in this day and age. In the past two decades the only guy remotely resembling Kubiak to win was Dungy, and Dungy lucked out by having one of the great leaders of all time manning the QB position for him. Pun intended

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Y'all are way too hard on Foster. Looked to me like he was paying plenty of attention. The dude has been nothing but a soldier for us every time he's been out on the football field. Watch what happens to our running game when we try to replace him.

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Finding a RB to average under 4 yards per carry shouldn't be that hard to find.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I agree that Foster was stretching and taking in every word BOB said but I disagree our game would fall apart without him.

13. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

youre likley just too overconfident in unproven players and how they ran in the preseason.. the run game could easily suffer without foster..

14. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Well I don't have a problem with the foster on the field, i just don't like his personality. I also don't think it's likely we keep him. And if by chance neither of the 2 I mentioned work out, there's another draft next year. bOB seems to like him though so who knows what will happen.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I just know that when he is gone next year we will be losing a 29 year old RB with not much tread left.

Scheme and line have more to do with the run game working than the RB, that is why they are not valued very high.

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

it's only been one game...let's evaluate him against a team that gave up 200 rushing yards to the jets..

i think he's still got it, and he'll be really valuable in the slot..that's where BOB values him.

foster made a lot of plays happen sunday especially after contact...he turns negative plays into positive ones...something that grimes and blue haven't done yet...so I don't think it's time to call the quits on arian.

be thankful he isn't involved in some abuse scandal and that he's taken care of his **** with norwood..

he's here to work hard, and i think he'll contribute well this year.

17. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

I noticed that too. I didn't realize Godsey was calling the plays.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course he doesn't call the plays, he's a Belichick acolyte, Bill Belichick doesn't call his plays, O'Brien doesn't either. I think the trick is to teach people what you want to do well enough to where they can handle it and you are free to occupy yourself with other things.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

It's weird because I heard an interview the other day with BOB, and he said he made a few mistakes as far as the plays he called during the game.

20. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

During the game there were some shots of him covering his mouth and speaking into the headset, looks like calling plays to me.