1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Sunday Ticket Question (Xbox One)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JD88, Jul 31, 2014.

1. JD88

JD88 Member

So, my girlfriend's father has purchased NFL Sunday Ticket Max (the most expensive one), and we are trying to test whether or not we can use his account on my Xbox One at another location (our apartment).

When I download the NFL app from the marketplace, I have the option to sign in to an account, which, would presumably allow me to access his features, but he has DirecTV, and when scrolling the list of service providers, DirecTV is not listed.

Has anyone figured out how to watch Sunday Ticket from a console? I read a press release saying it would be available to view on consoles, and since he purchased the most expensive one, I would assume we could watch it on my Xbox One, but I can't figure out how to sign in if he has DirecTV and that is not one of the options.

2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I believe this year the NFL has struck a separated deal with consoles. Not sure yet how it will all work out. Might wanna talk to Microsoft.

3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp

If that doesn't work, try using a PC or laptop to stream the games. Then you can watch football and play COD at the same time.

Checking out the link though...it does say Directv can play on consoles. This intrigues me. Gonna look into this for my own Sunday Ticket.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I had MAX a few years ago, and IIRC it didn't include console streaming, that was a separate entity. But It did include streaming via phone, tablet, and PC.

And this year, they are doing something separate, where you can now buy Sunday Ticket for consoles etc. with out having DTV.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Isn't the Xbox One capable of multi-tasking and doing both simultaneously? I don't have one, and genuinely don't know. But I thought I may have read or seen that somewhere.

6. JD88

JD88 Member

So since he has 'Max', one would assume console streaming is included. But when I go through the list of service providers, DirecTV is not on there. UVerse and others are, but not DirecTV. I just dont know if theres something else I need to do to get it.

7. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

It's weird that it should ask for provider. As far as I know direct tv is still the ONLY provider able to offer full access to all games with Sunday ticket

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yep, you can snap the tv app with your game, so that both will appear simultaneously.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Just stream it and Chromecast.

That is what I did last year with my Sunday Ticket streaming account.

This year I switched over to the dish, so now I don't have to worry about it. :)

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I wish they'd do the madden deal again