1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL probing Patriots' possible use of deflated balls during AFC Championship

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tallanvor, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The Seahawks are the biggest fake tough guy, front running jerks. I don't think I can hope they win. The Patriots probably won't cheat in the superbowl and will be punished after the game so whatever.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I understand this. I loved that Raiders team. They deserved a title.

3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

NFL also added the rule about hitting a QB in the legs because of Golden Boy.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

3 years of bad luck. Lose the AFC title game at home to that Ravens dominant D after Gannon gets knocked out of the game after Siragusa's fat ass pancakes him. Next year the Tuck rule in the divisional round, then the next year finally make it to the Super Bowl only to have to face the guy who built the whole damn offense.

But at least things got so much worse after that. Playoff pain is brutal.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

A new photo has surfaced of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft hanging out at Kraft’s house the night before the AFC game.

This has added fuel to the DeflateGate scandal fire. Many have cried that the Patriots have received special treatment by Goodell.

By the looks of it they might be right. The timing is off. It looks suspicious. And I wouldn’t be surprised if conversations about ways to cheat or ways to alter the game hadn’t happened before between the two.

The deflated game balls aren’t even being investigated yet according to Patriots QB Tom Brady. “I believe they’re going to do it after the season” he said “We’ll deal with it after the game.”

So is Goddell giving his buddy Kraft a free pass? It honestly wouldn’t surprise me. Goddell is notorious for covering things up, having shady morals, and players and fans mistrust him.

Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made some interesting and very accurate comments against the commissioner and the Patriots.

“Will they be punished? Probably not. Not as long as Robert Kraft and Roger Goodell are still taking pictures at their respective homes. [Goodell] was just at Kraft’s house last week before the AFC championship. Talk about conflict of interest. As long as that happens, it won’t affect them at all.”

Did Goodell and Kraft conspire to deflate the game balls and insure a Patriots victory? We may never know but the photos may be some proof.
    Think what you want…Proof is in the pudding folks.

http://sportsnow.buzz/deflategate-solved/

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

New photo? Richard Sherman was talking about/posted that days ago...

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Interesting.

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the suggestion is that Goodell and Kraft are somehow conspiring together to come up with ways for the Patriots to cheat...that's just mind-bogglingly stupid. Why in the hell would Goodell do that? He gets very little upside and pretty much takes his job in his hand if caught.

And hanging out with an owner at his house is not a conflict of interest for the commissioner. If they were in a side business together that might be a conflict of interest.

9. Major

Major Member

And it ignores the fact that the NFL is the one that's made this into a big scandal in the first place. People just love conspiracies, even if they make no sense.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

The suggestion is that Goodell is perhaps partial to certain owners (actually, he's partial to all the owners relative to the players/coaches, etc), and therefore will not drop as heavy a hammer on Kraft as he should.

Canoodling with guys that you are supposed to be in charge of policing looks bad.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Looks bad, yes. But I can't imagine that they were sitting at the dinner table, evilly rubbing their hands together while figuring out new ways for the pats to cheat, like the author of that silly article seems to intimate.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. Major

Major Member

He's employed by the owners. Part of his job is to build personal relationships with them. I would assume he's spent some personal time with most, if not all, of the owners.

14. DonnyMost

Eh. Not if I were running things. A business relationship, yes. A personal relationship, no.

His relationship with Kraft appears to be on another level ever since the lockout.

Not saying it's some giant scandal, but Sherman's point has merit.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

In this investigation, I don't buy any bias. There are 31 other owners who would be incensed if Goodell spared Kraft because of their personal relationship. Goodell will be dogmeat if he chooses one owner over 31 others.

I say this as someone who despises both Goodell and the Pats.

16. DonnyMost

He'd be dogmeat if an instance of bias was ever discovered.

There's nothing to say that such an instance would ever be public knowledge.

That's why you don't go around schmoozing with the people you are meant to police, it raises that cloud of doubt.

17. Major

Major Member

I disagree. This is not some giant, nameless/faceless corporation where Goodell is a cog in the machine. The NFL is a good ol' boys club of 32 owners. In an organization like that, everything in it is built on personal relationships, especially at the top level.

What do any of us really know about Goodell's relationship with the Krafts compared to any other owner? Personal relationships are ... personal. The odds of having any kind of reasonable view of them from the outside are virtually nil.

18. DonnyMost

We can agree to disagree on this one.

Fair or not, it's the perception that has taken shape since the labor crisis in 2010.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sherman may be overbearing and a little too WWE for my taste, but it is pretty hilarious how he goes at the League Office with both barrels any chance he gets.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You guys are kidding yourself if you think the others want the Patriots raked over the coals and labeled as cheaters since 2007. IF the Patriots are cheaters, the best interest of the owners is that it is dealt with privately and that publicly they are exonerated. Cheating scandals are devastating to sports leagues.