1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL probing Patriots' possible use of deflated balls during AFC Championship

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tallanvor, Jan 19, 2015.

1. i3artow i3aller

Kraft is spot on. So much misinformation out there. 10/11 "deflated" footballs were actually just barely under 12.5 (12.3) and were not 2 PSI off which would still only amount to a negligible difference between a 1/3 to 1/4 of an ounce. Anyone saying that difference can be felt while holding an inflated football is a LIAR. The 2 PSI story is rumored to have been spread by the NFL themselves who then conveniently chose not to comment on it. The only ball found to be around 2 PSI off was the ball the Colts intercepted and are now believed to have deflated themselves. Turns out the NFL & the Colts both screwed the pooch on this one. I wouldn't hold my breath if I was one of those clamoring for asterisks, suspensions, loss of draft picks and monetary fines. Just a bizarre story all around although It'd be hilarious if the Colts were the ones fined/punished once all the smoke clears.

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Where are you getting this legit info from?

3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

There are some reports out there saying 10 of the 11 balls were closer to 11.5 psi and above. Only one that was 2 psi underinflated was the ball that the Colts intercepted.

Again, this is just another report, and not many are confirming so take with a grain of salt.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably from completely unbiased sorces such as www.patspulpit.com or from a friend named "Dom Rady"

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

How convenient

6. the shark

the shark Member

Did Kraft apologize when they were busted for spygate?

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great. Now they are spreading fecal matter around.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

9. the shark

the shark Member

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I certainly hope so. I'm praying that the Seahawks get a pick 6 and perform CPR on the ball in the endzone.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The Seahawks love you beat you and then rub your face in it. Normally, I would root against a team that does this kind of thing. But this time....I'm actually hoping for it.

I'd like to see them out do those Miami Hurricane teams of the 80's, actually. I want to see them taunting and dancing after every TD, sack, INT, etc.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Same here.

Patriot persecution complex has reached critical levels.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Another board I frequent has two obscene homers about this. They feel the only reason ANY of these issues have come to light is because the entire world hates the Pats. That if Spy and Deflate gates had happened to any other team, no one would care and this wouldn't be a story. Even if it was the Cowboys.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I have cheered for Brady to fail miserably for the past 14 years. This time will be no different. I hope Sherman picks him off, returns it and then loads the football into a cannon and fires it into the stands and it leaves a permanent Wilson imprint on Gisele's fugly face.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Seahawks are thugs with an Urbanized roster.

The Patriots are just win by any means necessary American examples of success.

End Basso rant.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Rarely have you and I agreed so completely about anything.

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Serious question...

Why do you hate him so much that you'd wish harm on his family?

I really don't understand this level of hatred for someone you've never had personal contact with in any degree. I'm really trying to learn what it takes to get to that point.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Spygate and the Deflate wouldn't be nearly as big if it were another organization.... largely based on the fact that the Pats have been so successful for so long.

A number of teams were caught before and after Spygate doing the same thing and there was not nearly as much coverage.

Ultimately the Patriots just have to deal with it.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Pretty sure moe is a Raiders fan. Remember the tuck rule game?

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It is irrational and I'm well aware of it. My hatred should be geared toward whatever idiot decided to put that in the rule book, not the Patriots, but having to see Brady go on to do what he's done for years and years and years has always stuck in my craw and I won't be over it until he's finally out of sight and out of mind.