1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Playoffs 2021

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by rocketsjudoka, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

Everything about KC is pretty cool except Tyreek Hill. I've been waiting for him to get blown up by a LB or DB and it just hasn't happened...yet

ROCKSS and JayGoogle like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope..
    Incredible game though.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As Houston fans we should understand. On top of that the Rockets did win two championships and the Stros one.

On top of that in NW NY State there isn't much else going on. One of my exe's family was from that region. Winter sucks here in Minneapolis but imagine that with no NBA team MLB team to look forward team. The only other pro team to root for are the Buffalo Sabres who have been one of the worst teams in the NHL..

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I feel exactly the same.
    People feel that there's a faux-"purity" about their game because they do a lot of unnecessarily flashy twinkletoes stuff. Mahomes and Curry are also buddies.

Fortunately Mahomes seems to be way less self-obsessed than Curry. I also like Andy Reid infinitely more than Steve Kerr.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Oh Kelce is a big douche as well. Mahomes's family is the worst thing about him though

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed with this. People can point to Mahomes being like Curry or point to Kelce or whatever, but the only insufferable dude on that whole roster, seems to be Hill.

And to be honest, Hill is pretty tame. A lot of NFL players like to showboat a little after every single first down catch or first down run, but Hill really only emotes after a pass/run leads to a TD, such as flashing the 'deuces!' sign after that big run getting into the end zone last night.

I think most of the hate for KC stems from the fact that they simply win so much.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's crazy they just have an average sneakerhead playing QB that works during the week at a shoe store.

8. Buck Turgidson

I have no problem at all with him as a football player, I have a problem with him being a woman-beating child-abusing sh!tbag.

napalm06 and Duncan McDonuts like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Don't know anything about Kelce off the field. I've heard stories of Mahomes's family, esp his brother, but have managed to avoid most of it. You do have to cut them a little slack since they're from East Texas...

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Josh Allen rushed for 68 yards -- Mahomes had 69...

Mahomes > Allen

Gematria.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Had to be the best NFL game I have ever seen. At least I can't remember a better one. And again, explain to me how Kelce is ALWAYS open.
    East Texas is God's country: beautiful place to live. Lakes, forests, wildlife, pollen, can't beat it.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

If Mahomes wins the supe, he's on a scary pace to catch Tom Brady. 3 supes in 3 years. But because Tom Brady beat him he could never get the throne in the long run. For this reason, I will be rooting against him. Let the Goat remain the goat.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

"Come to East Texas! We have pollen!"

[​IMG]

napalm06 likes this.
  14. solid

solid Contributing Member

A joke. Yep, that's a downside here. So many plants, some can't survive the allergy season.

napalm06 likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Where are you at?

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

East Texas is weird. The North part of it is fairly folksy and charming. Then once you hit Jasper on down it becomes a patchwork nightmare of KKK strongholds, crippling poverty, and petrochemical wastelands.

solid and Buck Turgidson like this.
  18. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

But he does it for the employee discount

KingCheetah likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

I love East Texas, no doubt, many fishing and camping trips up there, and it is beautiful (so is that part of Arkansas and Oklahoma) but you have to admit life is a bit different Behind the Pine Curtain.

20. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, my cousins and friends are all around Nacogdoches, Tyler and such. Southeast Texas is, uh, something different.