1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Playoffs 2011 - Divisional Games (Week 19)

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Jan 9, 2011.

1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

(Steelers in Bold)
    Quick stat comparison!
    Rushing Yards/Game: 62.8 to 93.9
    Passing Yards/Game: 214.1 to 224.9
    Points/Game: 14.5 to 16.9
    Forced Fumbles: 14 to 5
    Interceptions: 18 to 17
    Defensive DVOA: -18.5% to -7.9%
    Third Down Converstion: 33.5% to 38.0%
    Fourth Down Conversion: 62.5% to 50.0% <- Hey, Ravens won a stat, my sarcasm was misplaced!

2. Major

Major Member

They played basically the same schedule. Here are the defensive rankings:

By Points: #1 Pitt; #3 Balt
    Total Yards: #2 Pitt; #10 Balt
    Passing Yds: #12 Pitt; #21 Balt
    Rush Yds: #1 Pitt; #5 Balt
    Turnovers Forced: #5 Pitt; #21 Balt
    Sacks: #8 Pitt; #9 Balt

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm still convinced this will be one of those random years that the Steelers win the Superbowl with Hines Ward suddenly turning into Andre Johnson.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Packers over Steelers in the SB.

Just flopped down a 20 on it.

C'mon Pack!

5. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Is there a better rivalry each year in the NFL than the Ravens/ Steelers ?

6. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

BTW the games are on CBS , not NBC .

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That should be a barnburner but I think most people are looking forward to the Pats/Jets game.

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I just think that their defense will come out on top after they play against each other. Statistically, yeah, the Steelers are better. I think head-to-head.. you throw out all the stats and just see who's better against each other's offense.

Yeah, I guess NFL.com updated that page... Made this last Sunday, it showed it as NBC at the time.

9. raj87

raj87 Member

The Pittsburgh Steelers have the better linebacking corps, however the Ravens have a better secondary and DL.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

All I gotta say is Go Falcons.

11. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

haha im just saying bro, plus i am hoping it is a low scoring game :).

12. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I'm 2-2 so far in the playoffs thanks to dumb coaching by Jim Caldwell and Todd Hailey. :mad:

Let's look ahead to Divisional Weekend.

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers (21-17)
    In a game of top defenses, the team with the better QB wins more often than not. Therefore, I will take Roethlisberger over Flacco who had that huge fumble in crunchtime on a Polamalu strip the last time these two teams met. That kind of mistake in the clutch is pretty much inexcusable.

Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons (38-35)
    My gut feeling is Matty Ice is going to have a big game working on the Packers secondary but in the end Aaron Rodgers will end up having the better performance with 4 TDs. I'm on the cheesehead bandwagon all the way to the Superbowl.

Seattle Seahawks @ Chicago Bears (28-21)
    Give me that Seahawks kool-aid cause I'm drinking plenty of it like I did last week. Lynch is a bonafide beast in the run game but Chicago is going to bring extra defenders who can tackle in the box. Therefore, Matt Hasselback is going to have to once again lead the offense and score points with his deep TD throws. Also, you gotta love the way Pete Carroll is coaching this team. The players are loose on the sidelines and are having fun while playing for Carroll. Chemistry is a huge ingredient to success.

New York Jets @ New England Patriots (52-6)
    Yeah, I'm going with that huge blowout in Foxboro. Rex Ryan has been running his big mouth all week long, but once again his team will get destroyed by Brady who is going to score at least 5 TDs this time around. The paperweights meet the heavyweights. Belichick is going to give his coldest post-game handshake yet.

13. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Dumb coaching by Caldwell i sort of understand , but dumb coaching by Hailey ?

Ravens beat the Chiefs 30 - 7 , they destroyed the Chiefs @ Kansas City.
    Ravens have so much playoff experience , Chiefs have almost none . That was a huge factor in the game .

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

As much as I love the Steelers, they won't beat the Ravens today unless Flacco loses the game for them or Roethlisberger goes nuclear. If Polamalu isn't 100%, Ravens have this one in the bag. I expect the Steelers offense to struggle big-time while the Ravens offense will make enough plays to get the job done.

I definitely don't think the Steelers have a Super Bowl run in them this year.

The Falcons don't strike me as being ready for prime time. But the Packers have a way of making things hard on themselves. I think the Packers are in control of this one but I consider the game a tossup. If forced to picked a winner: Packers.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Steelers over Ravens (Hope I'm wrong)
    Falcons over Packers
    Patriots over Jets
    Bears over Seahawks(really want to pick Seattle for some reason)

Steelers over Pats
    Falcons over Bears

Steelers over Falcons in the SB :(

16. brooksstephens

Not much of a rivalry there... Pats throughly blew them out last game. Plus the Jets have been mediocre to bad for a while now.

17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Jamaal Charles
    1st half: 7 carries, 87 yds, 1 TD, 12.4 YPC
    2nd half: 2 carries, -5 yds

I didn't know Gary Kubiak was coaching that game.

Plus, you have Matt Cassel throwing 3 interceptions, why would Hailey continue to pass instead of run when the ground game was working quite well.? That game was all on Hailey for letting the departing Charlie Weiss make stupid play-calling. The game was close with Baltimore leading 10-7 at the half, but then Cassel started the 3rd quarter throwing 2 interceptions leading to easy Ravens point. That was the difference maker, had Hailey played to his advantageous running game, then the game would have been much closer and given his team a chance at winning. So, stupidity has no excuse even if it's your first rodeo.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Ravens are about to get exposed.

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Ravens will finally beat the Steelers.

20. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I don't follow the NFL that seriously, but is the pass interference call sort of the new flopping or something?