1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Playoffs 2011 - Divisional Games (Week 19)

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I watched the Steelers-Ravens game at a Primanti Brothers. I am no Steelers fan at all (I was wanting the Ravens to win), but the atmosphere there was an amazing sports atmosphere. This place just opened up, and there were probably 30 big screens throughout the restaurant blaring the Steelers game. Anytime the Steelers did something positive, the place went crazy. I could barely hear myself think.

As a side note, There were three teams represented at this place: 98% of people in the place had Steelers gear on, about 5 people had Ravens gear on, and one guy sitting at the bar had a Texans shirt on (wasn't me).

I know there are a couple people here that live in the Pittsburgh area here. Who was it? :grin:

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Bears fans in Houston, where?? I grew up in Houston and I can't ever remember running into a another Bears fan as a kid, hell even now when I go down there. I see a lot more up here in Dallas but even that's really sparse.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Which Primanti's were you at?

4. buffalobills!!!

Yeah, I came to Houston from Pittsburgh so I'm not surprised that there are a lot of annoying Steeler fans.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Grove City.

You were the one I thought of.

6. baller4life315

Haha...no offense to anyone here but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a Texans jersey nor do I live close to Grove City. Sorry.

7. baller4life315

Whoa, didn't realize I missed this unconvincing response. ;)

Then, later in the game after Pittsburgh's o-line sustained yet another injury he tried to come back in the game before Tomlin stopped him.

I only point this out to be fair to a guy that's been very good all season long. Was Suggs smoking him? Yeah. The point is if this were merely about 'getting beaten so badly you get taken out' then that's clearly not what happened here (and if that were the case, Blind Side guy should have been told to go wait on the bus after what James Harrison did to him).