1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Palilo Poll - 10 loss Teams

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rocket River, Jan 10, 2010.

?

Which 10 Loss Team will have 10 wins next year?

1. Buffalo Bills

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. Cleveland Browns

7 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Oakland Raiders

14 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Kansas City Chiefs

17 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. Washington Redskins

29 vote(s)
    21.8%
  6. Detroit Lions

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. Seattle Seahawks

14 vote(s)
    10.5%
  9. St. Louis Rams

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. There will all have less than 10 Wins next Year

38 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. Buffalo Bills 6 10
    2. Cleveland Browns 5 11
    3. Oakland Raiders 5 11
    4. Kansas City Chiefs 4 12
    5. Washington Redskins 4 12
    6. Detroit Lions 2 14
    7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 3 13
    8. Seattle Seahawks 5 11
    9. St. Louis Rams 1 15 0

Which 10 Loss Team will have 10 Wins Next Year?

Rocket River

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

None of them.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Raiders or Chiefs have the best shot.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'll have to wait to see what moves they make in the offseason, but I do like how Charles ran the ball for KC.

5. Landlord Landry

I heard somewhere, and this is a vauge reflection, so exuse me if it's not accurate, but something really odd like the last 13 years in the NFL at least one 10 loss team has turned into a 10 win team the following year.....

my *unbiased* guess would be The Kansas City Patriots.

6. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

I agree with the others... the Chiefs have finally decided to use Charles and can build an offense around his rushing/receiving skills. They have their franchise QB in place. This teams has the best chance to turn it around immediately out of all the teams on the list.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I heard it on Charlie's show . . i think he said 14 years
    it is where I got the idea

Rocket River

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

10 wins? none of them.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This is how I can see it playing out for either team, provided in each scenario that the other team (OAK or KC) sucks....

Raiders 2010 Opponents: (W win, L Loss, UD undecided)

Home: Denver Broncos (W), Kansas City Chiefs (W), San Diego Chargers (L), Houston Texans (L), Indianapolis Colts (L), Miami Dolphins (W), St. Louis Rams (W), Seattle Seahawks (W)

Away: Denver Broncos (W), Kansas City Chiefs (W), San Diego Chargers (L), Jacksonville Jaguars (W), Tennessee Titans (UD), Pittsburgh Steelers (UD), Arizona Cardinals (L), San Francisco 49ers (W)

Wins: 9
    Losses: 5
    Undecided: 2

Chiefs Opponents 2010:

Home: Denver Broncos (W), Oakland Raiders (W), San Diego Chargers (L), Jacksonville Jaguars (W), Tennessee Titans (UD), Buffalo Bills (W), Arizona Cardinals (UD), San Francisco 49ers (W)

Away: Denver Broncos (W), Oakland Raiders (W), San Diego Chargers (L), Houston Texans (L), Indianapolis Colts (L), Cleveland Browns (W), St. Louis Rams (W), Seattle Seahawks (W)

Wins: 10
    Losses: 4
    Undecided: 2

#9 DonnyMost, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  10. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

In reality, you just can never predict these types of things. I was going to law school in St. Louis in the fall of 1999. When Trent Green went down in the preseason and off of the heels of the terrible 1998 Rams season, I remember no one even thinking the Rams would win 4 games. Well, we all know what happened after that.

As for this poll, my educated best guess would have to be the Kansas City Chiefs.

11. Nero

Nero Member

None of them, but KC will be the only one who will even get close, maybe 8-8 .

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Have to revisit this in July; too much can happen in the offseason, draft, and NFL training camp (and even preseason) to say who will be much better this season.

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Give me the Redskins.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Cleveland finished strong and has Holmgren to oversee everything. KC is trying to become the Patriots... and if they get Crenel, they may just have a pretty good year next year.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I voted for Cleveland, at the moment of this post, I am the only vote for them.

:grin:

DD

16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Now I dont think none, but things can change in the offseason, so its too early to tell.

Maybe Joshua Cribbs is gone, the Browns needs to keep him.
    the Chiefs can make it with a nice offseason, Oakland can make it, it proves with a QB not named Jamarcus Russell, can win some games, but still 10 games are too much.

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Absolute homer bias - Cleveland.

I am ecstatic we got Holmgren. When you have been an abject failure for 10 years with so many high first round draft picks (I think we had a top 5 pick in half of those years) and player personnel complaints there has to be a problem deep within the offices and overall culture of the organization (Raiders are a great example).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/cle/report#notes_quotes

This Cribbs thing looks horrible right now though, I can't believe Holmgren would let him go. Hopefully this gets resolved quickly, we'll see.

To be honest, I don't expect a huge flip next season. I think they could back on track and at least become relevant again.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

With Shanahan calling the shots the Skins have a shot.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

At this point, the team and their fans are in no position to question any of his decisions.

When you've been as bad as they've been (even worse than the Texans, despite their one playoff appearance), with absolutely minimal foundation despite the high picks, you need something to change.

I still think both the Texans and Cleveland were pretty screwed by the NFL as they tried to make it as hard for an expansion team to succeed as possible. Granted, Cleveland swung and missed on Courtney Brown and Tim Couch (two #1 picks) and that sets them back just as much as anything... but there was absolutely no margin for error for either of those teams, and we saw what happened when the draft picks didn't work out.

20. Mattj

Mattj Member

Rams trade a 3rd round pick for Mick Vick, draft Suh, Warner retires...10 wins