1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Mar 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

1 person likes this.
  2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

That one stings after letting Wallace walk.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not sure I can name a Steelers receiver after Brown & Sanders. Is Cotchery still there? Arnaz Battle? Who am I missing? Probably someone obvious.

Speaking of Patriots & wide receivers...

Patriots re-sign WR Julian Edelman

4. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Cotchery and Plaxico are the only 2 I can name off the top of my head now.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Durr. Forgot about Plax.

Not left in a great situation (at WR) letting him walk but I'd probably take the pick(91).

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yeah, but given the way that team is constructed, their window is slamming shut fast, and with the Ravens on a rebuilding path, that division is wide open right now. I'm not sure I agree with the timing, or the handling of their cap situation.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

#189 J.R., Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  8. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Ravens are re-tooling, not rebuilding.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Until they address their receiver corps, that offense won't be able to score enough points to compete for another Super Bowl. That defense is looking pretty damn solid on paper, but guys like McClain have shown you can't count on them to stay in line.

10. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Add another playmaker in the draft and they are set. Not saying anybody WILL replace Boldin. He made some incredible catches and was instrumental in the playoff run, but he was the only piece they let go, and his stats haven't been like they were for Arizona ever since he came to Baltimore. I think with Flacco, Smith, Doss and Pitta improving, add a playmaker from the draft(hopefully Allen or Hopkins), they will be just as good as last year.

McClain has lost his way, and I can't say I count on the guy. But he needs a second chance, and I think the Ravens are the perfect team with structure just like the Alabama program. Remember he's just 23 years old.
    From twitter:
    Ian Rapoport: "On Rolando McClain, who I covered at Bama: 1 of the smartest players I've met. Has flaws, but he's brilliant. Just needs structure #Ravens"

Good read on McClain before he was drafted:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=4619628

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Reggie McKenzie is signing a bunch of guys who have potential or at least at ont point in their careers played at a high level.

Can't blame a guy for trying.

These past 2 years have been nothing but addition by subtraction so far.

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I didn't think they had enough salary cap to match that offer sheet? Now I'm confused.