1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Divisional Round

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 14, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Saturday, January 14th
    Seattle at Atlanta 3:35pm FOX
    Houston at New England 7:15pm CBS

Sunday, January 15th
    Green Bay at Dallas 3:40pm FOX
    Pittsburgh at Kansas City 7:20pm NBC

2. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

Refs favoring the white qb, will be intresting to see how dallas/green bay goes tommorow and how many times the camera will pan over to tony romo with every dak prescott incomplete pass

lol hester returns the ball 79 yards and the refs huddle up to discuss what they can call to wipe out the big play, complete opposite of teams with white qbs

college football will always be superior, games are so good in college you dont even notice the referees

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Oklahoma State faints;)

4. awc713

awc713 Member

Anyone bet on any of the games? I took 20/1 odds on a PIT/ATL super bowl matchup. I think it could happen.

5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Seattle D/ST killing them today

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's been bothering me for awhile now...

Just get rid of KR/PR. What's the point?

A third of the time it's a touchback/fair catch, a third of the time it's a crap return and a third of the time, when it is a good return, it's called for block in the back or holding or this or that.

Seattle's had two or three good returns called back. Just get rid of it.

Nook and Fulgore like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously, the shtick is old and tired, just drop it.

8. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I think they should just quit calling the holds like they do when they swallow the whistle for Oline holds. The fun of good returns is that they're rare. But when they're consistently called back, I just don't care about it anymore except when the return man muffs it. You're right in that there's not much of a point anymore.

...Is this going to be another blowout? C'mon Seahawks.

J.R. likes this.
  9. Major

Major Member

They are also really, really easy when you don't call holding or blocks in the back, which is why you see so many of them when there is a hold. It's not the refs' fault that players can't resist pushing people from behind.

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Atlanta looks like a legit contender. Impressively balanced team; can run up the gut or pass anytime they want. Legion of Boom is a shadow of its former self.

11. awc713

awc713 Member

I really like their chances @DAL (even more so vs. GB). Julio needs to be healthy, though. That offense is scary good, and their D is respectable.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  12. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Seattle defense and LOB is not the same without Earl Thomas. Been evident every time he's injured and especially the past couple games when he got hurt this season. He's the real MVP of their defense. Bennett is actually probably more important than Sherm/Kam IMO as well.

I locked in ATL -4 last week at the opener. Good luck on that PIT/ATL matchup. I think Chiefs win tomorrow and I will probably lock them in tomorrow. Agree with ATL though. I think they are the best team in the NFC. Best offense by far and no one's defense left in the NFC is elite. They matchup well with the remaining teams, especially Dal and GB. Crazy thing is Atlanta doesn't even have their top corner, and someone who I think is top 5, Desmond Trufant.

13. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

I don't think they're all that easy in this league. The special teams coverage on returns is usually on top of the return man, and the player himself is not always the fastest guy on the roster anymore.

My main point though is I see some OLs hold on almost every play and offenses would be unwatchable if they called all of those. So if the illegal block that initially springs the runner is blatant, and absolutely some of them are, then refs throw the flag, if it's not then perhaps they should let plays happen.

Look at me, I just solved the kick return officiating crisis in the NFL. If the officials listened to me then TV ratings wouldn't be down this year. ;)

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seattle without the dominant defense and run game is nothing special.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Bring back the Dirty Bird!!!

16. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Can't wait for Seattle to throw in some cheap shots when they get beat down.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Oh it's coming.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They didn't appreciate Marshawn Lynch or just how dominant that defense really was once upon a time. Instead they tried to move to be a more passing offense minded team and they are on the way down as a result.

19. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Hester is the GOAT returner. HOF.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I figured only choking would prevent the Falcons from rolling today. With Earl Thomas out and their o-line awful as usual, the Seahawks didn't have a chance.