1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL.com]Larry Fitzgerald wants a legit #2 WR

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ascaptjack, Oct 20, 2011.

1. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...legitimate-no-2-wr?module=HP11_headline_stack

Welcome to Andre's world, Larry. :rolleyes:

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Except Andre wouldnt say it to the media... Fitz is a stand up guy.. But he just ****ted on his fellow teammates. (whoever those other receivers are)lol

3. plates300

plates300 Member

you could have a great number one and number two receiver and it wouldn't matter if your qb couldn't get them the ball. Kurt Warner was the one reason why everyone in that offense was so successful. And Arizona didn't even have a running game when Warner was there.

4. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

I'll give that to you, but IMO the running game is made up of the offense line. A weak O-line and your pro-bowl caliber RB can look like Ahmad Green in a Texans uni.

It's all about scheme and how well players buy into your system. But "run game", you're right, their run game was unsuccessful.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Seriously Larry you just got paid like crazy. Kolb's in his 10th-ish start, I don't know what he's expecting to be to be similar to a HOF in Warner. Cardinals have a running threat and a viable TE for the first time in a long time. QB rapport doesn't come out of nowhere, and Doucet is slowly earning that trust.

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

Do you think Fitz would be happy with Kevin Walter, I mean Ric himself said that a #2 isn't all that important, so maybe Fitz doesn't understand the he needs a runblocking guy like Kevin Walter in there to make things tic.

7. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

he should just come to Houston... I don't think AJ would even mind being "called" a #2. LOL

we'll use him for running through the middle and AJ for deep routes.. deadly..

but never gonna happen

#7 magnetik, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  8. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I think he should be focus on a legit QB.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think andy reed pulled an aj feeley on the cards.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Maybe he should. He has never sniffed the playoffs in his career.

11. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He's really blaming the QB.

13. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Well it is not Kolb fault they thought he would be a good QB but it is still early so who knows.

14. Major

Major Member

Not really. He mentioned having Steve Breaston last year was helpful (he had crappy QBs then too). And he specifically talks about being able to get into space which he can't do this year.

15. t_mac1

Well, a good QB can make a huge difference too. Kolb hasn't had the impact that the Cardinals have hoped.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

But just to be clear, YOU'RE blaming the QB, not Larry.

17. t_mac1

True. Kolb has been very mediocre. Since his good first game, he's been regressing every week (completion %, ypg, QB ratings, less TDs, more INTs) despite throwing more.

I just think Larry is thinking, "Maybe we paid too much for that Kolb guy, and should have spent some of that money on another WR."

So, he's really blaming Kolb ;)

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

63 million dollar mistake?

19. Major

Major Member

I think if he were complaining about losing or not catching balls, that would be the case. But Fitz's stats are similar to the last 2 years, one with Warner, one with whoever the random QBs were last year, and he's not really complaining about those things.

20. SacTown

SacTown Member

I think Kolb was a mistake. Time will tell.