1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Bobby Petrino new HC for Falcons

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by percicles, Jan 7, 2007.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

case closed bub, vick is not the problem. you can't make the playoffs with a suck ass defense.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this is your first post, he passed for 20 tds this season

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

LOL! The New York Giants finished 25th in defense, 3 spots below the Falcons, and made the playoffs. The Indianapolis Colts finished 1 spot 9 yards better in defense than the Falcons. Obviously you can.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

if vick goes for 20 in a bad season, just think. but you should move him to wr. idiotic

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

because eli was better. LOL> :rolleyes:

if you have to put a lol at the end of your own post, it probably wasn't funny.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Read it close there pal. That's my first post and I picked on his consistency, later on you said I started with something and eventually came to question his consistency. Has Vick ever thrown for more than 20 touchdowns in his career? No. Can you name one of the great quarterbacks who hasn't? Didn't think so. I said 20+ meaning more than 20 and I said consistently good try though.

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I p[roved you wrong take it like a man.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no he hasn't, and his team made the playoffs twice before pal even the nfc championship. so what's your point. so obviously your standards don't mean squat

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

7-9 isn't that bad in the NFC, hell that's almost a playoff team.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you haven't proven anything.

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

OK, they made the playoffs twice before and what did the teams that beat the Falcons do? They keyed in on his running and contained and spied him. You take away his running and you take away his game. Shouldn't be like that for a QB.

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

:rolleyes: OK, you say a crappy defense can't make the playoff then I show one worse and one on the same level as Atlanta's that did in fact make it but OK.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

it means its tough to make the playoffs when your whole team isn't that good. but only people who see the surface key in on the surface

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

So when the Falcons do something good, like make the playoffs Vick gets credit for that but when they have a losing season he's not part part of the problem? OK.

15. MadMax

MadMax Member

it does matter how you move it.

because if you can't pass, you're limiting your running game. because teams stack the line. you need a passing game to help open the running game.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yeah, they need help to go from number 1 to .........

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Max is just saying they're one-dimensional which is true. Like I've been saying teams would rather their quarterbacks run than pass because you pick up more yards passing than running and it helps open up that other part of the offense. Plus you gain more yards passing that's why the non-official mark to reach in passing is 3000 yards not 1000 as in rushing. Look they were number 1 in the NFL by 400 yards and almost 30 yards per game. They have a lot to give up before they drop from number 1.

I like Michael Vick, don't get me wrong, but I am not going to deny he needs to improve his passing game either. If he could do that then I have no doubt he would be one of the top 3 quarterbacks in the league.

#57 Lil Pun, Jan 9, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  18. MadMax

MadMax Member

you know what i mean. you're limiting your total offense. ask yourself, can their running game be more effective if they had a QB who could pass to open it up?? can their offense be better with another QB who can convert on third downs?? its hard for me to answer no to those questions.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My buddy wouldn't shut up last night about his dream of the Falcons drafting Troy Smith to put back there with Vick.