1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Betting Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Angkor Wat, Oct 12, 2012.

1. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good one.

I have been so caught up in teasers that I missed the easy money Cincy straight bet.

I just put in a 5 team teaser based off Cowherd's blazing 5. I can't stand the guy, but he has had the touch this year, and I am in agreement with him on all of his picks this week.

Cowherd's Blazing 5 (12/14)
    Panthers +3
    Bucs +3.5
    49ers +5.5
    Steelers -2
    Texans -8

My 5T teaser
    Panthers +9
    Bucs +10
    49ers +11.5
    Steelers +5
    Texans -3

#121 crose, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. David Stern

David Stern Member

Minny + 1
    Det -6
    Den -3
    NYG+1.5

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Today will be my first time betting since the Texans crushed me last week.

Going with a parlay of Packers -3 and Broncos -3. I'm always leery of road teams in the NFL, but I feel about as good as I can on these two. Will probably put together a teaser before kick off as well.

4. David Stern

David Stern Member

Yes I've heard he's on fire... 49 & 16 if I recall correctly. I also like the steelers bet. I'm going to include it on my card.

new rule. Always bet on the team which suffers a player death during the middle of a game week. Accordingly, bet against said team The following week.

5. David Stern

David Stern Member

I like the pack in this spot as well. They show up to play the bears.

6. crose

Supporting Member

Good rule. I took the steelers solo, as well.

7. David Stern

David Stern Member

Got minny plus 2.5 from my bookie

8. David Stern

David Stern Member

Rule was looking good up until the brown fumble. Taking SF & the points.

Noon games 3-1
    3pm games 1-2

Total 4-3 today

9. David Stern

David Stern Member

Having a hard time picking the MNF game. On one hand you have the Titans.... who in all honesty should try to lose this game for drafting purposes since they’re season is done and they are in line for a high pick if they lose out. Their offense has been horrid since Chris Palmer was fired (particularly the run game which was back on track before the firing) BUT you have to believe that Muncheck and his staff will be coaching for their jobs and Locker is still trying to solidify himself as the starting QB moving forward. Chris Johnson has shown a bit of pride and turned his season around early to mid season. So I don’t believe they will be lying down.

On the other hand you have the Jets playing for a playoff spot (though we all know they’re the longest of long shots)…Right now I see the line at jets plus 1…..

What do you guys think? Jets run defense is bad so I’m leaning towards Titans -1.

10. David Stern

David Stern Member

We’ll I’ve been mailing it in all December….starting a new gig in January so I’ve had plenty of time to **** off.

Early look at these lines….Vegas is overreacting on Seattle…I understand they’re a very different team at home but I’m riding with the 49ers -1 @ Seattle.

Haven't had a good opportunity to study the other lines but at first glance i don't see anything else i like.

11. crose

Supporting Member

I got the Niners at a Pick'em, which should change after Friday due to Sherman's appeal(hopefully) being denied.

What do you think of Cincy +4 in Pittsburgh?

12. David Stern

David Stern Member

That's a tough one.

Steelers still control their own fate. Win the next two (Cincy & Clev) and they are in. So it's a must win for them. Its pretty much a must win for Cincy as well. But they could still get in with a loss to Pitt if they beat Balt the following week and steelers lose to Clev.

Also, i had forgot that the Dalton led Bengals have yet to beat the steelers.

Oct 21, 2012 CIN 17, PIT 24
    Dec 4, 2011 CIN 7, @PIT 35
    Nov 13, 2011 CIN 17, PIT 24

The information and my gut points to Pitt -4***

***But my gut is wrong 50% of the time:mad:

13. crose

Supporting Member

Good Points. How about ATL -4?

14. David Stern

David Stern Member

Don't have a good feel for that game or those two teams right now. I picked against the falcons last week and picked the lions last week. Easily the two biggest surprises of the week. From a gambling perspective its positive that we know that ATL needs one more win to clinch home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Lions appear to have mailed it in last week but rat faced schwartz is coaching for his job. I'll get back to you later in the week. Need to read the clippings from both sides throughout the week to make a better call. At first glance i agree with you on ATL -4.

The over 50.5 is interesting too.

15. crose

Supporting Member

I went ahead and fired on ATL -4, because I think the line will move in favor of the Lions, probably to ATL -5.5.

I am going to wait until after the game Saturday to make any more bets. Hopefully the Falcons cover.

16. David Stern

David Stern Member

Yeah. I hate that I get my lines 30 minutes before the game so i can never capitalize on the early lines. Don't want to sink capital into a betting site and have to go through all that hassel.

17. David Stern

David Stern Member

Other thing is my bookie always adjusts the lines to sway his clients bets. Never get a legit line on the Saints since this guy is from Louisiana and most of his clients are Saints fans. I just bite the bullet on keep on firing with him anyways.

18. crose

Supporting Member

You should see if your Bookie would be willing to use a wagering site, in which he just sets up an account for you, and you either pay him or collect from him every week.

It would make things easier for the Bookie, and you would be able to make bets more frequently and with more variety.

ABCwagering.com is what my guy uses, although we are on the West coast. My brother is still in Houston, though, and he goes through a guy that uses a wagering site.

Just FYI.

19. David Stern

David Stern Member

Yeah I'm going to have to do something. My bookie stopped offering NBA lines this season so once football ends I'll probably just start my own account.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Tried to refrain from this thread because The Texans cost me two teasers these last two weeks that would have covered otherwise. Smh....