1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Andre Johnson signs with the Colts

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by moestavern19, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

AJ putting on a Colts uniform is like Dream wearing a Raptors jersey. Doesn't feel right.

2. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

I blame the Texans and am fed up with the ownership.
    They don't give a **** and won't ever..hell why would they when they're going to sell out while having the worst record in the league.

Yall are blaming Andre for not being "loyal"? He stuck with our loosin a$$ for 12 seasons!!

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Right. Because one is our team and the other is no longer on the other team. Most people root for the team first and player second. I'm seeing a lot of people failing to understand this over the past few days and it perplexes me why that is.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You must have forgot to mention the last place schedule and garbage division that was the AFC south minus the Colts.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Cowboys, Bengals, Colts at home were all winnable games. We were a good play-call, bounce from being in the playoffs.

6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

NO! It'd be like watching Dream wear a Mavericks Jersey. Man just the thought made me vomit.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

The good news is the division and schedule are still weak, and this team will be better.

Next year could be pretty entertaining.

8. Major

Major Member

I'm not sure this means much - a whole bunch of teams could something like this. 11 of the 16 AFC teams were either in the playoffs or a good play or two of making them. As much as there is a case for the Texans, there is also a case against them: they easily could have lost the Buffalo and Jacksonville home games (trailed in the 4th in both) and played the easiest schedule in the NFL. They were probably an 8-8ish team against an average schedule, which is still a big step forward from the previous year. They are a solid QB away from being a legitimately good team.

9. vince

vince Member

It is all business. Seeing the fans who are complaining about where he signef is embarassing. Players come and go. Andre for all his accomplishments with stats, just wasnt enough to be the franchise leader; he was too reserved. And no real success in the playoff picture.

I am a Texans fan, and Texans needed the cap room. Andre got a dose of reality, for the 7 million a year he got is considerably less than the16 million or so he was scheduled to make. would he have played for the Texans at even 8 million a year. when the Texans told Andre 50% to 40% less, maybe the 7 million dollar figure is what they meant. but it was turned into playing time by what Andre said. It seems the Texans were well aware of Andre Johnsons Market value.

I could see it now, "why would i take 40 cent on the dollar of my contract?" which goes right in line with what Andre said about him having a contract.

Either way, Andre is likely going to be a pro bowler next season. And the Colts are going to have a great offense for the next few years.

But that is life in the NFL cap world.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Good for Andre, I wish him the absolute best, even against the Texans.

Hey, for all you cry babies out there, the Texans had him under contract and let him go. Perhaps, if our front office hadn't sucked the entirety of his career, we would have had a good QB that would have allowed Dre to have real HOF success in his career.

The Texans will always be my team and I hope they win the SB this year but honestly, their management has sucked all the years they have existed. The only reason they had any real success has been based on players and coaching. Their GM and front office has lucked into a few good players while blowing the majority of their picks. And let's not talk about the multiple albatross bad contracts. (I'm looking at you Rick, what were you thinking giving Cushing that contract right after he got his knee blown out?)

Hopefully, what just happened to Dre won't happen to JJ Watt. If I was him I would be highly suspicious of our team.

#50 clos4life, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  11. mick fry

mick fry Member

If you wish him the best even against the Texans? Then fans like you are worse than the front office.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Andre was scheduled to make 10 next year not 16. That was his cap hit which includes money already paid. I don't how much of Andre's new deal is garunteed, but I am guess he game out better financially with a 3 year deal instead of a 1 year 10mil deal.

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

THIS!!! This season it was AJ. Next season it will be BabyDaddy and Cushing.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Mediocre teams lost a lot of close ish games.

15. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

I dont blame dre ,who I do blame is the texans for wasting away dres prime and now doing it with jj watt . He deserves to be in a team who wants to win and an organization that cares for superbowls . I love the texans but this mediocrity is overwhelming as a fan . To see once in a generation players talent wasted and not being given the tools to succed is just criminal . So no i dont blame dre for leaving . I hope this is an eye opening experience for management and ownership to turn this ship around . I doubt it seems every other team has traded for upgrades and blockbuster moves .

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99ers understand

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Andre is going to go off for the colts next year -- value draft in FF next season.

18. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

So what's your point? That fans should be blind idiots and only consider one side of the coin? Please bro that's a weak argument. What have the texans EVER done to deserve our loyalty?

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we lost andre johnson, but Phil Collins was named an honorary Texan today

i can feel it in the air tonight

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's a weak argument I never made. While I'll criticize moves when necessary (like nearly all of Rick Smith's draft picks) and have no problem if people are upset about this one (I'm not, had to be done), nothing will change the fact that I was born in Houston and will always root for the teams representing this city. They play in the NFL in my hometown, that's why I'm loyal to them. I will never be the type of fan that roots for players over the game. Especially if that player goes to a division rival.