1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL 2K15?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Jan 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Paging RC COLA: any updates on EA's licensing

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

There's been some buzz lately (I think HipHopGamer is hinting at something...if he's to be trusted), but I remain skeptical. I recall some exec from the NFL talking about how they were very pleased to be working with EA, and he seemed to hint that they like having an exclusive deal (oh and FU to the gamers who want better football games).

Others might be following it closer than me, but I wouldn't get too excited.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Last word was WA and NFL would extend the exclusive deal. 2K abandoning the MLB deal didn't help their cause with the NFL. Even if 2k could make a game, it would take them 2 years to vet a decent one out.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I completely gave up on football games after EA took away the license. ESPN NFL2K5 was bar none the best football game ever made. It released for $20. Unheard of.

I was still playing that for years afterwards with updated rosters, refusing to purchase Madden.

I gave in and purchased a used Madden 13 last year. It's all right, still a lot of things 2K5 did better. If 2K released another NFL game I would jump back in a heartbeat.

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

all pro 2k8 gameplay still good.

****ing nfl2k5 used the ESPN rights to the fullest.

i've never seen any sport games that used it so well.

you know how you like to skip the halftime on almost every sport games? well, i don't think i've ever skip a nfl2k5 halftime show.

Even if they make a football game again, it's not the same team that made nfl 2k5.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

yep, virtual chris berman, full highlights (on xbox), fake post game interviews with virtual suzy kolber.

I used to watch all of the weekly scores/highlights shows too.

Then you had Mel KIPER coming on talking about potential draft picks once you got closer to the draft.

That game was BOSS.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Okay, I thought I was the only one. I stopped playing after 2k5 as well; and I thought it was outstanding. **** Madden forever.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And that $20 price tag (to gain Madden converts) cost them the license. The NFL approached EA with an exclusive deal after 2K set that price without the NFL's consent. The NFL cares about revenue and a $20 game doesn't make money.

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

damn, its about to be 10 years since a NFL 2K game? good lord

eff EA, serves them right that NBA Live blows so much......

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

Which company will be making MLB games now...?

11. RC Cola

There was that RBI Baseball announcement a few weeks ago I think? Some company that runs the MLB site (and is funded from the 30 MLB teams I think?) will be making that game.

Otherwise, Sony is still making MLB The Show, which will likely continue to be one of the best sports games out there (though unfortunately for some, exclusive to PS platforms).

12. Poloshirtbandit

Right now only Sony makes MLB The Show. Supposedly RBI Baseball is coming back, but no word if it's gonna be a sim or arcade style game. I don't think sports games are all the profitable outside of FIFA and Madden.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Sony. That's it. For the ps3/ps4.

Xbox...no game.

MLB is bringing back RBI baseball as a Xbox/PSN arcade game.

MLB will eventually BEG EA to start the MVP baseball again (I think EA probably has started working on secretly) and give them good licensing terms.

14. RC Cola

NBA 2K is making some good money. Pretty sure they sell over a million copies every year (at least recently). Maybe more. I'd guess The Show makes decent money too, though probably not a lot.

FIFA and Madden make a ton though.

15. DwightHoward13

Am I the only person who loved MVP Baseball 2004? That game was boss.

16. Christopher

Christopher Member

After playing the train wreck that was NBA2K14, I'd think twice about buying about 2K game again. Was so disappointed.

17. AnHero

AnHero Member

Yeah the NFL 2K5 ESPN stuff was amazing.

Draft day was awesome barely simmed it and they talked live about your picks it seemed.

Then some sweet paper football game side game I played all the time.

The First person mode was pretty cool too.

fuarkk why did EA have to be such tools.

18. RC Cola

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/01/28/ea-has-the-nfl-license-secured-for-at-least-a-few-more-years
    Sorry guys.

19. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member