1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next years team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HROZ, Oct 25, 2020.

1. fattz

fattz Member

I never said Clemons is the answer to beat the Lakers. He would be something I would have used to help free up Harden. HARDEN and HARDEN a lone is the answer. The core Harden> Westbrook> Covington> Gordon> House> Tucker need help from unlikely sources (Jeff Green). Clemons is not going to take down the Lakers but his play would change the way they play us. His shooting and driving pace would have to answered. He is not all game every game player, but he is on the team and when we get in a gunfight we should shoot every bullet. He is better than not answering and acting like we’re not getting our heads kicked off our necks.

Once again I agree with you and Apache Warrior, I just think because of our budget we have to look at non traditional sources. The undrafted and re-purposed former high draft bust that need another opportunity.
    Size matters but we’re shopping at the bottom so I think the motor is more important than the tape. BUT if we get to small the other team will play over/through us. To big/slow the other teams will play around us. Our answer is a motley bunch that keeps the other team adjusting to us. A bench full of players that do one or two things really well. So we need a coach that can patch together our needs with what we have. I hope Silas is that man.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

To the first point- Clemons could obviously light it up but any sub-6ft player is a defensive liability. Don't feel like he's an entirely different player than McLemore though. Bruno...despite the stats and physique looks like he is processing the game instead of playing it. How about Hartenstein? I don't think he's a future HOFer it still just boggles my mind that he wasn't able to play for us after Capela got traded.

To the second, indeed not. It does mean we'll have to actually give guys like Hartenstein, Clemons, young players, D-Leaguers a real shot to earn a rotation spot.

fattz, D-rock and Pringles like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

And Silas is supposed to be a great development coach as well so if Rockets ever aquire any young players then there is hope.

fattz likes this.
  4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Hint Hint.

D-rock likes this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

^ Told you guys he leaked it right here. lol

D-rock likes this.