1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. RedHotRockets01

So this year, like the two before it, ended with us as the best team not in the playoffs. My question is, after three years of mediocrity, do the Rockets finally pick a freaking direction? If we strike out in signing a super-star, or miraculously landing one of the top 3 picks, or heck even trading into the top 6, will the Rockets finally pull up their skirts and tank??? I don’t know about y'all, but I feel like it’s a sad day in Texas when Cleveland has a brighter future than the Rockets!!! The topics been beaten to death, but its not like we have anything better to discuss this off-season.

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Unless significant changes are made, I don't us improving our record at all. Just another year of barely keeping afloat.

3. amaru

amaru Member

This is our direction.

1 person likes this.
  4. roswell raygun

They've chosen their direction. They're going to try to build a contender without the pain of full-fledged rebuilding.
    We may not like it, but that's what they're doing.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Rockets will become a better team, if they can develop one or two of their younger players into all-stars.

The other possibility is if the Rockets can develop their younger players into solid NBA starters and then trade them for an all-star on the move.

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Like the hamster in this picture, We might be going round and round and round, but at least we look good doing it.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Same ol' same ol'

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I thought this was our slogan.

1 person likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The cool thing about this thread title is that you can bump the thread year after year ...

Yes, I'm cynical.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

What a fantastic thread!

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yep , keeping asses in seats is their direction .... dont want to get worse to keep the seats full , hard to get better when you dont get worse first and risk empty seats.

Funny thing is that they saw a significant decline in both attendance and TV viewing this past season. I have to wonder if they see another drop in the coming season - Does it change their plans? Or do they simply blame this seasons attendance issues on the lockout rather than the product?

12. AFS

AFS Member

It's not even us being afloat since we're not making the playoffs. It's more like us barely drowning, since we just can't completely get our heads above the water.

13. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

I wonder how long it's going to take for folks to really start showing their frustrations. meaning going on the radio shows and booing at the games. it worked for the texans when we went 6-10. we forced them to make changes and it worked. i dont know about you guys, but im tired of this mediocre crap.

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

In this draft, we could actually stay put and still draft a potential star. Guys like Rivers, Lamb, Lillard, Sullinger (I don't think he will but some do), Perry Jones (probably won't be there), and Terrence Jones all have the potential to be all star quality players.

With that said, I think we have the pieces to move up in the top 6 or 7 and take a guy like Barnes, Beal, or Drummand.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

People don't care enough about the Rockets to talk about them on radio. How many stations talk about the Rockets? How many fans are calling in to talk about them? It's seemingly all Texans, all football, all the time. Not that there is necessarily anything wrong with that. Hell, the Rockets don't even have a home radio station right now. Last I checked anyways.

At least I(we) get our Rockets fix when Dave goes on every few weeks. Appreciate that Dave!

16. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

We trade for Dwight? Sign Deron.

Deron
    Lee
    Parsons
    Motie
    Dwight

... I can dream right?:grin::grin: