1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Did you watch the offense this year? The fact that they were that productive without the slightest threat of a running game speaks volumes.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Deshaun is wanting him though.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But when they won double digit wins the year before, it also ultimately was meaningless.

I’m just not as down on the 4-12 record when you combine historically bad defense that statistically cannot be that bad two years in a row, and a historically bad running game that also can’t be as bad two years in a row. Add the 4 division games that literally came down to the last play of the game (and they lost all of them). And yes, they did have a ridiculous schedule.

Again, them being in those games is the product of having an elite QB. I’d still rather have an elite QB that always gives you a chance vs a solid overall team, but still big question marks at QB. Much easier to fix one of those scenarios.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

the offense was pretty good last year despite no receivers and no rushing game.

5. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I'm ready for the Texans to continue on with their unblemished record of disappointment and mediocrity and hire Leslie Frazier.

UTSA2step likes this.
  6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

He wasn’t that bad. Just had bums for qbs.

whag00 likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

True.
    I thought they would take the next step this year, they fell off a cliff.
    If they can get back to even mediocre on defense and run game, it would be a miracle.

You’re right, having the star QB is the most important thing in football. I have said this all year though, if this is a legit rebuild. I don’t see it working in his time frame.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He wasn’t that good either.

9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Honestly this is what I’m most scared of. Well this or mcdaniels/Patricia.

My coaches in order based on abilities and watsons desires:
    1. Eberflus
    2. Bienemy
    3. Daboll
    4. Dabo
    5. Brady
    6. No one here, this means cal and easterby are screwing up again.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Name someone that can win with Christian ponder and Joe Webb as their qb

Commodore and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

True, but how much of that was Watson playing street ball vs a methodical approach to offensive football? Remember even with a strong run game this Obrien offense is limited, and while I did see some nice wrinkles I just dont have confidence that a first time OC with a defensive background is going to be the one to catapult the offense where it needs to go.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

raining threes likes this.
  13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Frazier’s name getting mentioned more than any other candidate.

treyk3 and raining threes like this.
  14. raining threes

By doing what he's doing, he and his agent are attempting to run the Texans.

Dont believe this, you should listen to what Brian Smith said on Sirius today.

15. showa13

showa13 Member

I trust David Mulugheta(Deshaun's agent) INFINITELY more that I trust Cal McNair

Fulgore and J.R. like this.
  16. raining threes

Do you trust him more than you trust Caserio?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good. Maybe he can do better than Cal & Jack. (Not a very high bar/standard.)

What has Caserio done or proven (besides ride the Brady/Belichick train)? Maybe he’ll be good in time, maybe not.

18. showa13

showa13 Member

Yes. If you look at David's recent track record of his clients he's gotten all of them paid. I also trust Caserio a great deal more than I trust Cal. I trust my 3 year old daughter more than I trust Cal. I do think Caserio is going to do what he feels is right for the team, not always listening to Cal, but Caserio isn't the problem.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Because he's the most underwhelming candidate. The media is throwing it all at the Texans. It's another jab.

All we hear is NO AFRICAN AMERICAN COACHES ARE GOING TO BE HIRED.When Eric Bieniemy is the most likely hire and the media is penciling in Frazier.

The team had an interview with EB and it went well per reports, we heard rumors of negotiating terms from Texans Thoughts and some of the other podcast guys, then we heard nothing. He can't be hired until they lose. If the Chiefs lose Sunday and he's not hired by Tuesday, then yea, he's probably not the guy. Same if the Bills lose Sunday and Frazier is not hired by Tuesday. Personally, I'm rooting for the Bills to win so we can find out if EB is the hire. I'd imagine if the hire were Eberflus, we would have heard more about this by now.

itzIce and raining threes like this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Those reports about contract negotiation were ridiculous

Rudyc281 likes this.