1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Damn....U even believe his lies. Shame. Luckily, Black people weren’t fooled by the forked-tongued Devil. LOL.

Thats’s why he lost Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, PA.

See you in D&D

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Malik Boyd looks like an interesting candidate

TexasRedd likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Who's that?

4. Mr. Clutch

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The Texans seem to want at least one of the GM/HC positions filled by a minority candidate. They have interviewed more minority candidates than I can remember a NFL team doing.

6. Mr. Clutch

Good thing they aren't just interviewing just one black guy to satisfy the Rooney rule like they did before.

Htown Legend likes this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Will be interesting to see if Jacksonville hiring Urban Meyer will sway him to Fields.

Fields looked like the real deal last night.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I believe they have to interview two candidates now. Which they have now done.

Could be wrong, but could be viewed as them just getting it out of the way.

raining threes and Mr. Clutch like this.
  9. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Alonzo Highsmith, who reportedly could be interviewed soon(and a guy im intrigued with based off of his Houston ties and track record) would be the 3rd minority GM candidate interviewed -including Riddick and Boyd. For head coach, they’ve already interviewed Caldwell and at the very least, should also interview Bienemy and Saleh. Regardless of the Rooney rule and it’s requirements, it’s refreshing to see this organization conducting an in depth interview process and taking a hard look at all the candidates and names out there. That being said, I just hope they make the right hires.... because with Deshaun as our QB we have the most important building block in place for success. Just need to make smart football decisions moving forward

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

They have interviewed 5 total for both positions. That is more than "getting them out of the way".

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.nfl.com/news/a-look-at-all-ongoing-head-coach-and-gm-searches

Houston Texans (HC and GM): When Bill O'Brien was fired, the focus immediately shifted to Eric Bienemy, and he is expected to be interviewed. They've already interviewed former Lions coach Jim Caldwell and Marvin Lewis. Other coaches to watch include Panthers OC Joe Brady, Ohio State's Ryan Day, Colts DC Matt Eberflus, Patriots ILBs coach Jerod Mayo, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels and Tennessee's Arthur Smith. But the Texans' plan is to hire the GM first. They've interviewed their director of player personnel, Matt Bazirgan, and ESPN analyst Louis Riddick and are expected to interview at least a handful more, including Seahawks executive Alonzo Highsmith. Other names of interest include: Bills director of pro personnel Malik Boyd, Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio, Ravens director of football research Scott Cohen, Indy's Ed Dodds, Seahawks VP of player personnel Trent Kirchner and Dallas' Will McClay.

Mr. Clutch and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Lot of great names on both list can’t say I’m not excited.

Mr. Clutch and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. raining threes

I like Boyd

But he's a fool if he takes the job and Easterby's still in the building.

Still hoping for Dorsey and I hope he gets to pick his HC. Dorsey has the pelts on the wall to stand up to Easterby's shenanigans.

Mr. Clutch and BamBam like this.
  14. raining threes

I think the new rule is they've got to interview 2 minority candidates.

15. showa13

showa13 Member

Never trust an Ohio state QB in the NFL

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. showa13

showa13 Member

From this I would cross off Ryan Day and anyone associated with the Patriots. We’re not going the college route and I ultimately think Ryan Day stays in Columbus and from what I gather they’re done trying to pick from the Patriots tree(a former Patriot also means more power for Easterbunny). Joe Brady, whom I love, has had some of his hype die down and I see him staying as OC for one more year. EB seems to have a decent lead in the FO. I do think if we were to pry Dodds from Indy Eberflus moves up the list but Dodds isn’t higher up cause he’s most likely to stay in Indy(Dodds would be one of my first choices, he apparently had a huge hand in building Indy’s OL). Cohen, Boyd, and Kirchner all seem like guys ready to take on the GM role, I’d be confident in any of them.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. Mr. Clutch

Please no caserio lol