1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Season...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TIburon, Apr 10, 2003.

1. TIburon

TIburon Member

will be a huge season for this team...

Personally we need a true PG with Stevie moving to SG...

Where does that leave Cuttino, you may ask??? On the outside looking in...

Its just time for Houston to realize that the Cat is not getting it done... Defensively, well we haven't had much D recently...

I hope we can land a PG either through a trade or in the draft... We don't need a super star PG, just a floor general that can run the team(like a QB in football)... A Jason Gardner, Troy Bell type PG or veteran player...

I don' t know how long before we should expect Eddie Griffin to develop but watching him shoot 3's every game is not what I call develpment... I just hope he doesn't become a Raef LaFrentz( a guy that has the post up game but would rather shoot 3's)...

Yao met expectations and exceeded them... You try playing B-ball for about 10 months straight...

We are a very soft team inside(frontcourt)... I want a Larry Smith, Otis Thorpe player on our team(a enforcer)...

Posey is a keeper as is Hawkins, why you may ask... Because they actually play some Defense... Rice has one year left...
    Hopefully Nachbar will show us something next year and Eddie Griffin will work on his POST GAME...

Right now there aren't many players I would keep:
    Francis
    Hawkins
    Posey
    Rice
    Nachbar
    Griffin(still have to give him the benefit of the doubt)
    Mingh

Thats about it... Chemistry does matter and the one thing that you have to think about is what Calvin Murphy said after the game "This team is very young and has a lot of talent"(something to that effect)...

Yes they do but I'm not seeing any improvement through the season... We actually seem to have gotten worse...

I think a true PG would help this team big time... It would help Stevie more than you can imagine... Give Stevie a chance to help his team by scoring and creating for others without the PG responsibilities...

PG ???
    SG Francis
    SF Posey
    PF Griffin
    C Mingh

PG Norris
    SG Mobley
    SF Rice/Nachbar
    PF Taylor
    C Cato

Really think adding a true PG would make a huge difference(would really want a vet. PG instead of a rookie unless its a senior PG)...

Just my opinion from watching these guys only about 28 times this season...

I love defense and physical players like Mario Elie, Scott Brooks, Larry Smith, etc...

We don't have one guy like that(that really fits that junkyard dog type except Hawkins or Posey)...

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I thought that would be this season. That's the reason for the big Rockets' hangover today.

3. Lpya2

Lpya2 Member

your are dumb out of your mind, if i was the coach i rather trade Francis and keep Mobley because Francis doesnt have any D and Mobley does. But im not the coach.

This is what i would do to get the rockets better.

Rockets Trade

Francis
    Mobley
    Eddie

to

hawks for

Jason Terry
    abdur Rahim
    1st round pic

then trade

Moochie
    Rice
    T mo

to the grizz for

Watson
    Mike Miller
    2nd round pic

ROCKETS PROJECTED LINE UP 2003

Jason Terry/Earl Watson
    Carmelo Anthony/Jason Terry
    James Posey/Mike Miller
    Abdur Rahim/Taylor
    Yao/Cato

ROCKETS CHAMPS 2003/2004/2005/2006

4. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

This is the worst thread I have ever read.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

Great trade ...cause you know, Terry and Rahim have proven they can lead their team to a playoff birth ........:rolleyes: