1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Rockets head coach?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ferrari77, Apr 9, 2023.

?

Who do y'all want TIlman to go after?

1. Nick Nurse

61 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. Sam Cassell

11 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Kenny Atkinson

18 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Frank Vogel

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Terry Stotts

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  6. Other

32 vote(s)
    25.4%
  1. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

That's a leap you made. He got in trouble 1 time in his 20 years of being rich and having the opportunity to exploit his vices.
    Jaylen Brown loves the guy.
    Jayson Tatum loves the guy.
    Joe Mazzula loves him and he wasn't even hired by him.
    Nia Long ONLY left him after months of public pressure.

So do you want the best coach for the job or don't you? Pop endorses him as the best mgr of players personalities. That is EXACTLY what we need.

#81 FLAGRANT1, Apr 14, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    Stephen_A likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well first of all different people sre saying that right? Its not like just 1 dude said all that perhaps the guy who thinks Silas threw his players under the bus also thinks Nurse threw his players under the bus. Or maybe the dude you are reading is a Sengunatic thats why he hates Silas and wants him fired.

Regardless the general sentiment I've seen is people think Udoka is good but have concerns on his character, while most like Nurse in general.

3. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

That's a leap you made. He got in trouble 1 time in his 20 years of being rich and having the opportunity to exploit his vices.
    Jaylen Brown loves the guy.
    Jayson Tatum loves the guy.
    Joe Mazzula loves him and he wasn't even hired by him.
    Nia Long ONLY left him after months of public pressure.

So do you want the best coach for the job or don't you? Pop endorses him as the best mgr of players personalities. That is EXACTLY what we need.

4. csc177

csc177 Member

It comes down to which front office will add him and deal with the accompanying storylines (around sleeping with someone in the front office’s girl)…that all gets brought up again...not sure if houston is signing up for that - they’re trying to refresh this culture / perception thing.

I’ll take ime all day but I see a nurse Atkinson hire as more likely

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Not sure what your point is but the perception bias and double standard sentiment exists and a lot of the overwhelming hatred from fans towards Silas was unreasonable and unjustified while the other coaches they support and advocate have done similar things or have not been stellar but still receive heaping praises and hype. And Udoka’s extra marital relations has nothing to do with his ethics, professionalism, and acumen as an NBA head coach.

#85 Stephen_A, Apr 14, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I see your point but seriously chill in the offseason.

Or are you that someone who chills during the season.....

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You used the wrong slang dude. It aint “ship”. It’s “chip”. Unless you creating your own term.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I probably picked on that but it sounds like micro chip to me.

Well, nothing gained or lost.

Neologism is the creating of new words I believe.

Stephen_A likes this.
  9. R=$

R=$ Member

Any coaching candidates have some clout to bring in Allstar freeagents?

10. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

Not Vogel.