1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Rockets Head Coach?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets94-95, Apr 12, 2014.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You heard it here first: Kevin Ollie. He might also be a good recruiter.

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

if you're going to suggest a newbie, then the Vipers' Nevada Smith gets my vote. He has to get on the asst coach roster first though

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

McHale won't be going anywhere no time soon. Especially if we go deep into the playoffs.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Vandolph Gunderson

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

my guess is that mchale prevails as coach through the harden/dwight era due to his abilities as a motivator. however, he needs help with the X's and O's. doc rivers started as a motivator and only with thibs did he learn the X's and O's needed to be a championship coach. what we need isn't a new head coach, we need the next thibs as a top assistant.

7. conquistador#11

i would love to see what mike fratello would do with this offense. He knows how milk that clock.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Jerry Sloan would be perfect for this team.

9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

McHale could win a championship this year, and you people would still want him fired #RocketsFans #IamONE.... chill out...

10. don grahamleone

Next coach: Kevin McHale

11. leebigez

leebigez Member

I would try to get ariza and lowry back. I think ariza coming off the bench 30 mins a night for Harden and Parsons and lowry running the pg would make this a championship team. Both are good defenders and play big when the moment is big. It would be hard to tell ariza to go to the bench,but he would be aewsome as that swing guy. Lowry,no need to explain what he would mean.

12. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I like Karl....

13. poing

poing Member

I don't know how anyone can think it'll be Hollins considering he's strictly against any of the new age mumbo-jumbo that Daryl Morey is all about.

also George Karl is bad. no thanks. you guys are talking about firing McHale if he doesn't get results in the playoffs, but the glorious George Karl has lost THREE first round playoffs series with teams that had more than 55 wins. that includes the distinction of being the first team to lose a 1 vs 8 in nba history.

McHale's replacement should be some new blood.

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Sign Sampson back.

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Not fired. Just not rehired.

16. bongman

bongman Member

Can't this thread wait till after the playoffs?

17. yoeddy

yoeddy Member

I'm sure that Dwight and SVG were able to repair their relationship because SVG was no longer Dwight's coach. Put him in that position again and there's no telling what might happen.

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

I throw something out of my pocket right now, if you, basketball fans, even know who is this :)

[​IMG]

19. bmd

bmd Member

Are you aware that Hollins was forced out of Memphis because he hated the statistical approach their GM, John Hollinger, wanted to implement?

He is completely against the analytic movement. He would not get along with Morey at all. Not only that, but his style is a slow game with a focus on defense.

You probably couldn't pick a worse coach if you believe in Morey's philosophy.

20. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

Its a simple as....

Jeff Van Gundy