1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Rockets Head Coach?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets94-95, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

only way mchale won't be here next year is if we lose 1st round, stop crying wasn't mchale fault, with that being said BEV & HOWARD are playing today ! #letsgo #clutchcity

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

I don't think George Karl would be a great fit. Someone once posted an article where Karl was asked if he would like a low post center like Bynum on his team an he was quoted as saying he's "not a big man coach".

It would be like another dantoni situation for Dwight. Do not want.

Besides, all I really want is a coach that has an offensive system, someone that knows how to run plays, good X's and O's.

Perhaps someone like Hollins, Sloan?

3. FEAR THE BEARD

I like Jeff Van Gundy or George Carl

4. vsHouston

vsHouston Member

SVG? Some are you guys are really clueless..

It wasn't long ago SVG was literally ran out of town by Dwight, there's no fixing that. That scenario was one of the worst ways a coach can go out, if you really think Dwight and SVG are reuniting in Houston then wow. Stop throwing names out there of random coaches and actually speculate who would fit here.

5. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

I think a Corey freakin Brewer scoring 51 on us is the tipping point. There has to be something wrong when players not know for their scoring keep getting ridiculous career highs against us. PJ Tucker, James Anderson, now this guy. Come on!

6. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

I would give one of my balls (or maybe not) if it would mean we could pry Pop from the Spurs. Or at least one of his disciples! No more to George Karl or any offensive minded coach. We need great D, good O. We don't have to be an offensive juggernaut to succeed. This team right now is great O, terrible D.

7. heypartner

heypartner Member

what's more amazing is ppl thinking Clutch will allow the Rockets to hire Sloan.

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Normal for an average team

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

This.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Speaking of Finch, has anyone heard him talk? It seemed that half time interviews were done with either Sampson or Bickerstaff. And it rarely seemed that Finch did anything on the bench. If he is being groomed, you'd think they would have him at least talk occasionally...

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Dwight and SVG have actually repaired their relationship.

But, I agree with the poster who said Morey isn't going to hire a coach that is going to want to run their own system.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Scott Skiles

13. dk808

dk808 Member

Lionel Hollins

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Member

Matt Maloney

15. krouchchocolate

kinda stupid when morey is not a coach. He should just stick to being a GM.

16. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

If and when a head coaching change needs to be made, here's Kevin Durant on Kevin Ollie at the 7:58 mark.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7mM9gWvLguk?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Kevin Ollie was a game changer for us... He changed the whole culture in Oklahoma City".

17. kvnzhangyay

kvnzhangyay Member

I feel like Hollins emphasis on defense would be really beneficiary, I mean our offensive talent is good enough already

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

when an opponent gets 51 on you (and he's not even Lebron or Durant or Melo), then you know the coach has lost the team.

yeah, SVG would be good as long as he can get along with DH. we are trying to run his Magic offense anyway.

and it was not McHale who was responsible for Dwight's post moves, it was his time with Carroll Dawson and the Dream.

19. Kwame

Kwame Member

Who can the Houston Rockets hire as their next coach? Hmmmmmm....

[​IMG]

I wonder who's available:

[​IMG]

20. houtown

houtown Member

Shaka Smart. If something were to happen, but i doubt, and that ok. FOcus on the now since Mchale is the teams coach for now and who knows when.