1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. MystikArkitect

I actually won a pair of Off Whites on that app. Up until then I was convinced it was sham lol.

Would be better than what's going on now.

Yung-T and Ubiquitin like this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

True. I scored some rare 1's and Kobes. But not the Playstation Paul George shoes. Lulz.

[​IMG]

Yung-T and tinman like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This new XBox seems easy to purchase compared to the PS5. Is the PS5 more popular, is it because the XBox has been out a bit longer or do they have more supply of Xbox?

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Ps5 is vastly more popular.

The PS4 has sold 112.50 million units lifetime, the Switch 62.08 million units, and the Xbox One 48.31 million units. Looking at the marketshare, the PlayStation 4 currently leads. The PlayStation 4 has a 50.5 percent market share, the Switch sits at 27.8 percent, and the Xbox One at 21.7 percent.

Ziggy likes this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

PS has a better pedigree, better 1st party exclusives and a better reputation.

What also doesn't help Microsoft, is that Halo was supposed to be a launch title with the Xbox...but that got delayed to next year. I'm not super up-to-date with games and such, but personally, I don't think there's a reason to get the Xbox ASAP at this point in time.

tmoney1101 and Ziggy like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where ? Walmart didn’t help me get a new Xbox .
    The game pass service is great though
    $15 and you get unlimited game downloads from their service including ea games like madden or battlefield .
    But getting both is what OLED people cause we are bosses

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They had them at Targets in Houston this week just sitting on the shelf. I believe you can still order online from Microsoft store right now. Its been in stock there for like the past 24hrs. Wario64, bro

Blatz and tinman like this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not in memorial
    Target site shows nobody having it

Blatz likes this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

UM...has NOTHING to do with it. Microsoft had more stock. You can't find Xbox's anywhere.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Fanboy is real. Last generation, MS made a mistake at launch and never recovered. Generation before, Xbox 360 led with like 80 million+ units until the very end of the generation until Sony started bundling PS3's with TVs, Stereo systems, etc........and finally took the lead by 3 million because of all the bundling.

Microsoft doesn't care about hardware sales, it is about services to them. Sony has to sell more consoles to survive.

The Xbox Series X is more powerful than the PS5. The Series S is the value console. MS has been able to get a little more stock to retailers than Sony. That's why more Xboxes have been available. MS is selling everything they are building. It is expected to be like that atleast until April.

Blatz likes this.
  11. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Really? Is there a site I have missed because I've been trying since the first pre orders and it has been all gone by the time I try to check out.

12. Blatz

Microsoft didn't have any last night when I checked and currently says out of stock everywhere.

13. tmoney1101

Lol. Not a fanboy, I don’t play console wars I’m an adult stating facts. Also I’ve had every Xbox ever made and plan to get the series x in the near future.

#1153 tmoney1101, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Yung-T likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wario64 posted it was in stock yesterday and it was still in stock this morning.

15. Blatz

I some how missed that. I saw he posted about on the 11/25 xbox series x and ps5 will be in stock at walmart

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Did all of you trying to buy PS5s online figure out why you are unable to yet? It's because resellers have set up shop at all the sites that sell them online. They have automated monitoring software that tells them when they are back in stock and their software bots buy them all up faster than any human could. This is definitely happening at Walmart's site every time. I'd be surprised if anyone was able to purchase one online from them or anywhere for that matter. Seems like you would have to be extremely lucky with the way resellers are attacking these sites to snatch them up probably as fast as the sites can process them through checkout. I used to think if you had one in your cart...then you had a lock on it until you either released it from your cart or bought it. But, guess it doesn't work that way anymore. I mean...we had the one person here who actually bought one and got notified after the fact that they didn't actually get one? What kind of BS is that? Sometimes, you got to miss the older days of the Internet when all humans had to compete with was other humans when it came to buying popular items online.

17. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

People scoffed at me when I pointed out that the PS5 subreddit has 650k subs and Xbox Series X has 240k.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's entirely wrong and you pulled that out of your ass. Sony is actually ahead in production numbers by a considerable margin, if you check the numbers published by the two.

That's completely revisionist history and bundles had very little to do with it, maybe provide some data to back up your claims.

Also, the past is the past and it's a bit telling that you reply to a comment about PS4 vs Xbox One by completely ignoring that generation and suddenly talking about 360 vs PS3.

That's completely wrong as well, both don't make any real profit off the consoles (even being willing to make a net loss) and make their money through the software catalogue and additional apparel.
    Microsoft mainly does this via gamepass, Sony via in-house exclusives.

Yet this hasn't been realized in any games so far, if you think raw hardware numbers are the deciding factor, you don't seem to understand how consoles work. Proper optimization of the system and accessibility for devs is far more important when hardware specs are comparable. And so far nearly every Cross-Platform game has better performance on PS5.

I'd again like to know where you have those facts from and ask to see some actual numbers, as your statement contradicts everything the two companies have so far provided in regards to their production numbers.

So is Sony, they stated they already sold out every PS5 they could deliver to retailers since launch.

TL;DR Maybe stick to facts when labelling other people fanboys, as you seemingly made up literally everything you wrote and show a completely one-sided view that's easy to debunk.

19. tmoney1101

I saw an article on yahoo that said one “group” had bought 3500+ ps5s with bots, that’s a 2,000,000 dollar profit if you sell them for double. My mans @Rodman23 has at least double that.

Rodman23 likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's like trying to buy concert tickets -- hit purchase the instant it's available and... sold out.