1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

which of the nanocells has 120hz ?

tinman likes this.
  2. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Man I want the 77 oled so bad. When will it get down to around $2500? I notice that it drops about $500 every year? I saw oled vs sony at costco. Oled is a nice tv. Costco has the 85 inch sony on sale for black friday for $2k though. Thats really hard to beat.

BigM likes this.
  3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I know the nano85 and 90 do but I'm not sure about the others.

#783 Blatz, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The NanoCell is complete junk for that price range and I'm 99.9% sure tinman linked it without looking up any legit review or technical data, as he just posted a paid review video from a dishonest shill that mixes up technical details.
    The NanoCell also has limited hdmi 2.1 ports and isn't capable to use all 2.1 features.

It has an IPS panel which pretty much have the worst contrast and blacks on the market, just because it's LG doesn't mean it's a good TV or anyhow comparable to their OLED.

From rtings:
    "It has an IPS panel with fairly wide viewing angles, but that comes at the cost of a low contrast ratio and mediocre black uniformity. It has a full-array local dimming feature which improves the contrast a bit, but its performance is quite disappointing. Although this TV doesn't get very bright, it has impressive reflection handling, so you shouldn't have any issues placing it in moderately-lit rooms. Sadly, HDR content doesn't look very good because it doesn't get bright enough to truly bring out highlights."

Also, pretty much every new mid to high budget TV has a 120hz panel nowadays.
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/what-is-the-refresh-rate-60hz-vs-120hz

I would really advise you to look up sites like rtings and hdtvtest instead of taking the advice of someone like tinman, who doesn't read any reviews in detail and neither understands the technological pros and cons.

Blatz likes this.
  5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Question for anyone that preordered the Series X from Amazon.

Have y'all received an update from them regarding the estimated delivery date? A while back, I got the standard "due to the high volume, we can't guarantee you will get it on launch." I am ok with a week or two, but would rather know now if we are talking 2-3 months or something.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

99ers know better. @tinman

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Fortnite Next-Gen Runs at 4K (1080p on Series S) and 60FPS; DualSense Support on PS5

https://wccftech.com/fortnite-next-...-series-s-and-60fps-dualsense-support-on-ps5/

Said it before, Series S shouldn't exist and is dragging the entire generation down due to devs needing to accommodate to the worst platform for cross platform titles.

This will also be a big issue for XBox exclusives which need to run on both.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

this yung t dud thinks we're some executives from LG

Does this mean we're mercedes executives or four seasons executives or dom perigion executives too?

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They called me Dom P at Treasures back when the Rockets were winning 22 in a row.

tinman likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

the nanocells with native 120
    are the 90 and 85
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/nano90
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/nano85

don't let Yung-hater influence you

trust in your own research and the 99ers
    always
    @Ziggy

look for the input lag section on RTINGS

Input Lag

1080p @ 60 Hz

15.8 ms
    1080p @ 60 Hz Outside Game Mode

79.5 ms
    1440p @ 60 Hz

15.8 ms
    4k @ 60 Hz

15.0 ms
    4k @ 60 Hz + 10 bit HDR

16.9 ms
    4k @ 60 Hz @ 4:4:4

15.0 ms
    4k @ 60 Hz Outside Game Mode

78.4 ms
    4k @ 60 Hz With Interpolation

86.2 ms
    8k @ 60 Hz

N/A
    1080p @ 120 Hz

5.8 ms
    1440p @ 120 Hz

5.7 ms
    8k with VRR

N/A
    Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)

Yes
    Really low input lag. It's extremely low at its native 120Hz refresh rate, and it's fairly low at 60Hz, but it might be too high for more serious gamers.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

@FlyerFanatic

proof that the 99ers are real and we're here to help and we're pure rockets fans

for gaming tvs that are 120hz
    not
    tvs thats are 120lulz

Ziggy likes this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Nope. Not with either console. Amazon has been awful this year with preorders so I wouldn’t expect it for a few days at best.

13. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thanks for the response!

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You're welcome, I hope I'm wrong but I've pre-ordered three books and none of them made it on day one and one of them got lost. I'd imagine we get an update this weekend.

15. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thanks. Let me know if/when you get an update from Amazon, and I'll do the same.

treyk3 likes this.
  16. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm kinda curious exactly what that meant. I'm getting the impression neither console has dedicated ML hardware along the lines of what Nvidia has with their tensor cores. I'm under the impression that AMD/MS/Sony will need to utilize the existing compute units to do any kind of DLSS-like work, which might not be ideal. I don't know what he meant by the XSX shader cores being better suited to ML. I guess you could just take that to mean they have more CUs (and more BW), so you can end up using them for ML while having plenty of power left to do other things. But I figured he actually meant some special feature of the hardware itself, irrelevant of the number of CUs. I see some talk about XSX CUs supporting 4 bit integer math I think, which might be better suited for ML algorithms. PS5 *probably* doesn't support that, though they've been more secretive about those kind of details. Also not clear if 4 bit integer math is that big of a deal, though some seem to think so.

In any case, it will be fun to see what happens later on in the generation. I'm sure we'll see some great stuff. :)

Yep, I am growing a bit more concerned about this strategy. I guess I'm not necessarily worried about these devs having to struggle to get these particular games running on XSS, but maybe it could be a problem later down the line. MS pushed this as targeting 1440p, but we're seeing more 1080p or even as low as 900p with these cross-gen titles. 1080p is probably a more realistic target.

Maybe MS is still working out some optimizations with their APIs and tooling. I kinda had the impression that they were having issues with that. Not nearly as bad as some horror stories in the past (sorry early PS3 developers!), but maybe with COVID-19 and all that, these things aren't as optimized as you'd like. And IIRC, their tools generally support 3 Xbox platforms at once (plus Windows?), so I'm sure there are some challenges with optimizations following that strategy. If that's the case, maybe games in 2021 and beyond would run better than some of these launch titles.

17. Beezy

Beezy Member

#797 Beezy, Nov 2, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    tinman likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

so what are you going to run your systems at since you got a native 120hz panel?

1440p?

19. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

believe i read on the series x sub on reddit some persons order had changed from order received to launch day but i think only 1 person posted that. dont know how true that is.

mine hasn't but i've also read it won't change until its actually shipped. idk

Nippystix likes this.
  20. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

noted...i was just curious, i dont know i'll get a new tv quite yet, i may wait for the LG CX to drop a bit in price then pull the trigger