1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Best Thing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperS32, Apr 23, 2001.

1. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

Pretending we dont really have a legit shot at Webber(which we don't), how about picking up Anthony Mason? I saw that he is a Free Agent this summer. Mason, playing with Zo and Brian Grant, averaged 16 ppg and 9 1/2 Rpg. I know he's not exactly a choir boy or anything, but if we had him down low to do the dirtywork, he might make a nice replacement for Dream if a leaves or Mo if we can't (or dont want to) resign Mo. I think we have a good shot at him since he probably wont stay in Miami and Orlando wants A. Davis. He wont go to the Clippers and I dont think he'll want to return to NY considering how he left.

------------------
    President of the Pete Chilcutt Fan Club.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Could Mason play the 3? Or is he a set 4?

------------------
    Watch out for gay Limbo Dancers.

3. The Chad

The Chad Member

Isn't he a bit too old? He is something like 34, also he might just wanna to stay with riley!

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No thanks. (1) He's a punk. (2) He's too old. (3) If we don't sign Webber, the cap space is still useful for trading for players already under contract. Don't limit your dreamcasting to FAs. Portland, Seattle, and others are potentially blowing up this offseason. Other teams need facilitators in 3-ways. That cap-space is good for more than signing people.

------------------
    RealGM
    Gafford Art
    Artisan Cakes

5. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Not to mention I'd be surprised if Riley would let Mason go.

------------------

6. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

God help the young high school girls in the Houston area if we sign him.

------------------
    HEAD KNIGHT:
    We are now... no longer the Knights Who Say 'Ni'.
    KNIGHTS OF NI:
    Ni! Shh!
    HEAD KNIGHT:
    Shh! We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'.

7. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

LOL!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] That's hilarious!

------------------
    Jazzkiller

8. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Why is Riley considered such a great coach and loses in the first round every year? He might be one of the most overrated basketball coaches of all time. Sure he won titles in LA but with the talent he has now he should be contending for a title.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

9. Band Geek Mobster

I'm curious, who do you think are great coaches in the NBA?

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I know it isn't exactly likely, but considering Riley's teams are un-godly old and lack depth, I was dream(cast)ing that Riley might take a signed-and-traded Shandon Anderson and Cato and Los for Brian Grant and Ricky Davis.

Los didn't get PT with us; you KNOW he was being hoarded as don't-get-hurt trade bait; and Miami had interest.

Here's hoping Miami will implode in Game 3. Get out the brooms.

Hey, I know that probably any number of a million other trades are more likely, but Brian Grant is EXACTLY what the Rockets need.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROXTXIA (edited April 24, 2001).]

11. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

IMO, the Next Best Thing is Davis.

A couple years younger, bigger, and a little bit more focused.

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion