1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next 7 Games Are Gonna Be Tuff

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DJboutit, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

EDDIT

2. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

The next three games are a brutal stretch. Hoping for no less than 1-2. Would be ecstatic with 2-1.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Imagine if the Texans beat all three teams to start the season 5-0.

:grin:

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Arrowhead is one of the hardest places to play...when the Chiefs field a competent team. They are competent this season...new coach, new QB, added Dunta Robinson, Sean Smith, Donnie Avery, Anthony Fasano, etc...

If you're looking at last year's roster, then you're basically looking at a completely different team.

5. conquistador#11

the seahawks run those 'wham dogs' right up the middle, could be devastating with how the line has been blocking. 49ers and Chiefs provide pressure from all angles. We should go 5-2 though. 4-3 worst case scenario.

6. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

While the Ravens got thrashed by Peyton and the Broncos. This whole Flacco sux, no weapons, secondary sux etc is way premature.
    Consider the turnover in personell, and the fact that the secondary looked much better this week. Especially Jimmy Smith. The passrush looks good. Marlon Brown is starting to emerge.
    I'm biased, but the Ravens can put it together. I'm looking for improvement through the season as they need time to gel.

I will say that even with Brown looking good opposite Torrey, they lack weapons with Pitta out. Dickson has terrible hands, Clark looks washed up, Stokley is also too old. The more concerning part of the offense has been the rushing game so far. Both Denver and Cleveland has good defenses, so I won't count them out against the Texans. Houston hasn't looked too good so far either.

7. rezdawg

Houston gave up 263 total yards to the Chargers (the same team that put up almost 550 yards today on offense) and 248 total yards to the Titans.

Granted, these arent great offenses...but the defense has been pretty solid, outside of the few possessions where theyve allowed the opposing team to march 80+ yards for a TD.

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The Texans aren't losing to the Rams at Reliant. I feel more confident in that one than any of the ones listed. St. Louis is not good.

9. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Yeah, I know. And I fear the Texans D, they dominated in the matchup last year. So it will be a very though game for the Ravens. I'm just responding to the Flacco sucks, no weapons, terrible secondary, Ravens will be a pushover comments.
    People are jumping the gun. Maybe it will be a blowout, who knows. But I believe in my team, and think it can go either way. A bit early for some people to start getting cocky and blow off other teams, especially since the Texans barely beat the Chargers and the Titans.

10. rezdawg

The Ravens should be the last team that Texans blow off...it'll be anything but an easy game. Early line is Texans -1, I believe...so pretty much, its a pick em. Can go either way.

11. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

check my fixed post my man.

12. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Our problems are going to be against elite qbs and a qb that plays at an elite level for a game against us. It all has to do with our defensive scheme which is to blitz alot and play man alot. Our DB's have the potential to get abused (see GB & Patriots games). I dont think we can win a super bowl with Wade as our DC, but I'd be happy to eat crow on that. Kinda hoping Wade retires and we get Rex Ryan, who while a terrible head coach is still a defensive icon in this league.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

With the way the Seahawks play defense, whether it's at home or on the road, I don't expect us to have much success against them, if at all.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

The Texans biggest problem in terms of matchup, at least to me, is against explosive offenses. So I think we have almost no chance against the 49ers. But against middling offenses with middling QBs, I generally like the Texans chances.

I have SF as a sure loss. I think we split between the Chiefs(at KC which if they're good will be loud) and Seahawks. And hopefully take care of business agianst everyone else for 5-2. But 4-3 possible. If we go 6-1 I will be fully on the Texans as a SB contender bandwagon.