1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newt Gingrich: Test every Muslim in U.S. to see if they believe in Sharia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 15, 2016.

?

Would you be for the Test or against the Test?

1. For

14.6%
  2. Against

85.4%
  1. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I could've sworn I saw your name under "for." Oh well, that's a reading fail on my part. My bad.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

Well unfortunately the "ignore" feature on this forum does not seem to hide my "ignored" list when other people quote them. I think Clutch should work on that. I saw E. Rileys post quoted in a ATW post so I responded. The rest of my responses to ignored posters are just guesses knowing the idiot who posted them.

Actually, I did not think about it too long before voting. Even though I know how evil the supporters of Sharia are, I also know the same rules could be used to suppress Christians. I did not take me too long to vote but E Riley needs to look before he shoots off his mouth.

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

ATW is a known mental case and one of the biggest hypocrites (DD might be same level) on this forum. His entire intention is to ridicule Muslims (he hides it as "Islam") as much as possible. He goes out of his way to call anyone who has a differing opinion an idiot and a leftist.

ATW explicitly defended hotballa after he called Aziz Ansari a "sand ******."

He supported Rocketslegend as a good poster who just criticizes Islam when it was apparent all along that he was a race (among other things) baiting troll.

He's first in line to start verbal attacks yet tries to shame others pretending he is a saint. His behavior is truly pathetic. A complete loser.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes, my opinion of ATW is beginning to wayne a bit especially after he defended HoneyBear when HoneyBear made a disturbing threat to all Muslims.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You didn't understand that for the first few years you started posting in the D&D. Actually I think you've only been here a couple of years. I don't blame you. I didn't either. I actually used to think ATW had good takes and his criticism of Islam was fair.

Over time you begin to realize that's not the case at all. The guy is a complete whack job. There have been others (e.g. downbytheriver and ftw) over the years who have made similarly disturbing posts to that honey bear one you mentioned and ATW has either explicitly or indirectly agreed (not necessarily with the overtly xenophobic posts of those posters) with those posters or gone to lengths to support their position.

All of that simply because his entire intention is to ridicule Islam and Muslims along with anyone who doesn't hold completely negative views of both those things. It's fine to criticize Islam but his intention isn't that innocent. He goes out of his way to attack anyone who doesn't have the same view as him and openly supports (implicitly most of the time) those who have much more sinister (relative to what sinister can be on the Internet) agendas.

He has verbally attacked more posters than anyone I can remember here. I have no idea how everyone isn't tired of his act yet. It's really old.

#125 DudeWah, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You misunderstood that post. Read durvasa's response to you if you don't believe me. durvasa's interpretation is correct.

Please link to where I did that (I did not) or apologize. Stop making up lies.

7. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

The entire internet reeks of individuals as you mentioned. This forum is no different, why are trying to hold people to a different standard. I've learned that the smartest people tend to not get involved in these "discussions" as it really leads to nowhere. The issues generally are too dynamic with a lot of moving parts, and the general population likes easy digestible arguments. So Islam is terrible, should be the common theme, and it should not be surprising to anyone.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'm not holding anyone to any standard. There are definitely people like this all over the Internet but there's two problems with your position:

1) this forum isn't supposed to be held to the same general level as the rest of the Internet (although obviously not immune to the negative parts of it)
    2) I'm not the one running around calling everyone who disagrees with me an idiot and a hypocrite

I think we all get riled up from time to time and call someone an idiot or moron, but that guy does it habitually. As far as everything else you mentioned though, I more or less agree.

Also, I don't blame anyone for thinking Islam is terrible. The actions committed by Islamic supremacists are disturbing and despicable.

Humans need to treat each other better across all platforms. Obviously that is not remotely easy.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

When I saw jcee's (neo-nazi) posts the last week, my already gutter level bar for the D&D
    went down even further. Our board right wingers actually supported the guy for saying that it is more favorable for whites to contribute the gene pool than blacks. The guys is advocating eugenics ffs. The reich would have welcomed him with open arms.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

It's practically every thread, which is why I have to chuckle when people claim ignorance to the racism for faux outrage "leftist conspiracy!!" posts.

All I had to do was click on one other thread today...

Do you know how many of our right wingers will actually condemn him? As usual it will be in plain sight and completely ignored.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So, where is your evidence that I defended someone for saying sand******?

Nowhere. You made it up.

Lying scum.

12. fchowd0311

You defend HoneyBear for pretty pathetic posts about murdering huge swaths of the population. You make **** excuses and then you place very SEVERE accusations towards posters over trivial matters.

I mean you told me that I cling on to my irrational hatred as a former Muslim just because I had the audacity to be critical of Israel.

You need to calm down sometimes. I agree with many of the things you talk about. I agree that some parts of the left hold Islam in a vary infallible light which frustrates me also.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

ATW, remember how you didn't see examples of this "ugliness"? There are 3 posts in the thread about Obama just today, which you also happened to comment on.

How many of our board's right have actually condemned the posts? Have you? Not saying it is your obligation to, but criticizing Eric Riley just earlier over selective criticism should warrant some introspection in this regard.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

After I post this:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10569491&postcount=12

ATW immediately shows up to chime in with:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=275749&page=2

It's fairly obvious what the common denominator is. As long as someone says Islam sucks and rants on Muslims, no matter how despicable they are, ATW will be there to defend them.

For the record before ATW fools anyone with his usual brute force tactics, he posted in the original Aziz Ansari thread where many posters called out hotballa for openly saying "sand ******" yet not one peep came from him to accuse hotballa.

Now this guy has the audacity to call Eric Riley a hypocrite? The guy doesn't even practice what he preaches. Talk about "selective criticism." What a loser.

Here's the thread. Make your own judgement:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=275704&highlight=aziz+ansari

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Cussing on the Lord's day? Shameful.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You violated board rules by posting something from the D&D in the Hangout.

Bandwagoner was right:

Yes, cockroaches (like the thread where you inappropriately quoted something from the D&D in the Hangout), questions about where women pee from, etc. - you know, Hangout threads.

Last I checked, that post by hotballa, which contained inexcusable language, was not a hotballa thread.

You said

I did no such thing. This was a blatant lie. You are now trying to cover it up.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Again, you totally misunderstood that post. durvasa already calmly explained that to you. In your outrage about that post which you voiced in like 100 posts, saying you want to report it to the FBI, etc. etc., you sort of turned off your brain and were too angry to understand that it was not a post saying what you insinuated. Re-read durvasa's reply, where he explained that you misunderstood.

Here it is:

durvasa's interpretation is correct.

I said that I think you are still influenced by anti-Israel propaganda. Yes. I still think so.[/quote]

You too. I tried to ignore your hysterical "I'll report this to the FBI" posts when you had clearly misunderstood the post, but you kept repeating it on and on and on. It annoyed many posters.

I know we agree on a lot of things.

18. fchowd0311

Can you tell me what there is to misunderstand? And do you think it was a good idea of HoneyBear to post such a post that can EASILY BE INTERPRETED AS A THREATENING POST?

The hypocrisy is evident. Because YOU KNOW very well that if a leftist or Muslim poster here posted a similar post with vague assertions of violence that is rather cryptic, you would go on full blast melt down calling them extremists and terrorist supporters. That is the hypocrisy that many here are irked by with you.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I quoted durvasa's post in my post above. He explains it correctly.

And if you calm down and think about it rationally, Honey Bear is clearly addressing the terrorists when he says "the rats are trickling out from the moderates", not all Muslims.

How you can even read that as a "post about murdering huge swaths of the population" is totally beyond me. Nobody else read that post that way, and there is nothing in it that justifies that interpretation.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

That's durvasa's interpretation of it, not mine, fchowd's or even the mods. Saying that you agree with his interpretation doesn't lend any credibility to your claim especially when your judgement itself is being called into question. Its like asking someone if they think they are guilty and then pointing to a random person who agrees with them as evidence they are not. The people who oversee the board are neutral and have the best view on the matter.

Honey Bear was banned on the spot, pretty telling don't you think? I think its clear that you are willing to give overt threats of violence a lot more leeway
    in interpretation than you afford others on even benign matters. Also , notice how i was right about the Obama thread? Everything you posted has been discounted by a few examples in the span of a day---says a lot.