1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newt Gingrich: Test every Muslim in U.S. to see if they believe in Sharia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 15, 2016.

?

Would you be for the Test or against the Test?

1. For

14.6%
  2. Against

85.4%
  1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You may have to repeat junior high. Maybe while you're there maturing you can learn a little science too.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

I am sure this was stupid drivel directed at me but I no longer have to look at it. If CW had EVER added anything worth reading to ANY thread, I might still have an interest in what he/she is saying. Sorry CW, your irrelevant, uninformative, and condescending post have made your irrelevant. Please educate yourself and at least try to post rational coherent arguments instead of useless personal attacks against other more intelligent posters than yourself in the future. This is my last post to you EVER!!!! Wow is ignore a GREAT feature.

3. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I won't call out the hypocrisy of your post, as someone else has already done that. I'll instead expand on the issue in attempt to answer your question.

If you see my post as merely attacking a devout Christian rather than the ugly implications of his post, then you truly are one track-minded. I don't care that he's deeply Christian; I care that he's one of the (now 12) idiots who voted as favoring this test. Moreover, he made a moronic argument: of the three Abrahamic religions, two are legitimately proven real and the third "myth" is evil. Remember, he doesn't need to prove anything to you, though, as the onus is on you to do any research.

But what truly irks me is that he's extolling his own religion - while putting another down - all to defend testing the people of an entire religion to determine their merit as US citizens - something which is completely unconstitutional.

As to why I did what I did, trust me, if there's ever a poll asking to test ANY particular religion (or even race or gender, for that matter) to determine whether they should stay in the country, and someone votes to test them while saying "Protestants are legit!" or "Whites rule!" or "Men win!" then I will certainly call out their idiocy. If that makes me a "leftist," so be it.

#103 Eric Riley, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  4. Eric Riley

As an aside, it shocks me that 15% of the residents of ClutchFans D&D voted for the test. Actually, it shocks me what this implies: if we're at 15% (and considering this board leans more left as it is) then what would the makeup be across the U.S.?

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It you didn't have the maturity and education of a 5th grader, we could have avoided you refusing to back up anything you say with facts. Instead, you've gone full na ne na ne boo boo meltdown mode and it's not a pretty sight.

Now, say three hail marys and two our fathers and perhaps God will forgive you.

6. Eric Riley

[​IMG]

And you're on ignore! And you're on ignore! And YOU'RE on ignore!

[​IMG]

You're ALL on ignooooooore!

1 person likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I wonder if cml broke a record for number of posters placed on ignore in a day?

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

And the number of characters per post still dedicated to them..

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Incorrect. First of all, there is a lot more vile and anger and outright mob behavior in the other direction, left to right, on this board - you are making this "whole host of ugliness" up. Secondly, when I do see such things, I do voice my disapproval. In fact, on this very thread, although I am critical of Islam, I am disagreeing with the idea of such a test.

I also disagree with the accusation that HoneyBear is a right wing extremist. I can't remember any post from jcee, so cannot comment on that. gwayneco once attacked me when I disagreed with him, saying something like sod off Eurotrash or so. There is probably little I agree with him on. Whom else do you label a "right wing extremist" for disagreeing with you? Show where someone used the N word? Or did you just make that up to support your weak argument?

Practically never.

There is no "other side" on this board as in an equivalent to people like Mathloom who a) wish that someone lives in fear for the rest of his life for drawing a cartoon, b) worked for a dictatorship, c) out of religious fanatism, expresses his hate for the USA on this board on a daily basis. Not to even mention Exiled who constantly spews his Jew hate, among other things, mostly completely without comment from the leftists on the board.

Oh come on, they discuss their stuff all the time, with suras, Hadiths, etc. Just today, someone was saying that someone who eats pork cannot be a Muslim and therefore the perpetrator of the Nizza attack cannot have been Muslim. Did any of the leftists step in? Nope.

I think it is obvious that I am not in the camp of "my religion is better than yours" as CML is. I also don't think there is any such thing as scientific proof that one religion is better than the other. To me, his posts are relatively benign, however, as he is not using religion to justify hate. He thinks his religion is right and other religions are wrong. Big deal. So do 99.9 % of people who strongly believe in their religion. What matters to me is the content of what people believe in. As long as CML doesn't believe that someone should be killed for leaving his religion or that gays deserve death or that women should be subjugated, what do I care whether he thinks his religion is much better than another one. With respect to just even the three aforementioned things, it actually is. However, if CML were to post that gays will burn in hellfire for eternity (which I haven't seen, but wouldn't rule out is his belief), I would disagree with him and would regard that as a wacko belief.

There is no hypocrisy in my post. You were indeed angrily attacking a devout Christian when I have never once seen you direct a similarly angry post at even the most outrageous - and less benign - anti-semitic statements someone like Exiled makes.

I disagree with his theological statements about one or two of them being proven right; in my opinion, none of them is proven right. But he is completely entitled to the opinion that his religion is "more right" than others (most followers of a religion think that, why else would they follow their religion and not another one), and that does not deserve a hateful rant such as the one you made.

Also, again, I care about the content: At least nowadays, Christianity does not teach you to treat women as lesser human beings, which is the case in many variations of Islam today. Examples: Saudi Arabia, all the countries where a form of Islam is dominant where people are forced to cover themselves. Christianity also does not teach you that people who want to leave the religion should be killed. Etc. So if he refers to those points, yes, Christianity is "better" than Islam today.

I disagree with that idea myself, as I have posted on the thread. But again, he is entitled to his opinion. When Exiled uses words equivalent to the N-word about Jews, which he constantly does, not once have I seen you - or any of the other leftists, for that matter - step up and call him out on it.

Again, I have stated myself that I think the idea is discriminatory. That still doesn't warrant your attack on someone who happens to disagree, especially considering that you have never spoken up against hateful posts by Muslims such as Exiled.

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

after deep consideration I voted against.

_the process won't stop with Muslims alone but could expand to target different groups. Catholic loyality to church or to the States, or loyality of jews to Israel....I mean if this process excuted .....1/4 of Congress members will be deported.or like this immegrent from Eastern Germany...it would be tough for him to declare his loyality to the US just because he receive foodstamps alone

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

ATW, I am having a very hard time believing that you haven't seen any of that... or that you haven't witnessed the "whacko" cml posts that 90% of the D&D posters have actually gone out of their way to comment on. I believe you trust fchowd's opinion, so even he'll chime in. If we can't even agree on the obvious that you are CLEARLY overlooking (perhaps unconsciously or your own beliefs are aligned with it and you see it as the norm) I don't think either of us will benefit debating the basis of the whole situation. I'll throw out 3 that just happened this week.

--jcee basically said blacks were genetically inferior to whites to which cml and some other right wing nut jobs latched onto.

--HoneyBear made a very serious and reportable threat implying that he was on a mission to hurt muslims and that they should sleep with one eye open (not exaggerating that's what he said) --to the point he was banned on the spot by the mods.

Hotballa called aziz ansari a sand ******. And I actually like hotballa as a poster, but this was way over the top.

This whole place is littered with it, me and 90% of this forum can see it and cite countless examples but if you aren't seeing even the most blatant examples like I said, nothing more to say. Hell, just look at the % of people that favored the discrimination in this very thread...it would be reaching new heights of ignorance to overlook that.

We do have religious posters on this board, but cml takes the cake and is the biggest zealot of them all. His views are archaic and practically mirror the extremist views you so regularly condemn. Thought I owed it to you tell you this if you honestly weren't able to tell and might see the situation a bit more clearly, but if not w.e. Every thread is a gleaning example, but go look at the "question about christianity" thread by durvasa if you want a textbook example.

1 person likes this.
  12. Eric Riley

I have to admit that I'm not too familiar with Exiled's posts. If he indeed says some of the anti-Semitic statements as you say he has, then of course I condemn those statements. Hating any race, religion, or ideology as a whole is stupid.

But in regards to this...

Let me just offer the following as evidence:

Honestly, I could go on and on, but it got tiring. And that was just the first page of 12 in my search results in which you refer to someone as an idiot. I didn't even search for "moron" or "uneducated" or whatever other plethora of demeaning terms you use time and time again to refer to people who disagree with you. What have all of the recipients of your verbal attacks done to deserve such vitriol? Back to the topic of hypocrisy, please, spare me the "but it doesn't warrant your attack" claim.

1 person likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I chuckle when the king of vile attacks is trying to call someone out on something that is merely criticism, and mild at that.

14. Exiled

Exiled Member

I was't aware of AroundThe World having said a lot of nice things about me, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I usually scan quickly from my cell phone what posts out there in this forum and when it comes from him....I barely pay attention....unless I want to help rise his blood pressure which is quite fun

That's been said , his defence and excuses used were weak ..same technic used by a farting bug to get away....and that's was going for a decade ago before I joined this forum.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Can't we focus more on debating eachothers views rather then **** talking one another everytime we disagree or get a offended by a post.

I'm not into politics much, I'm not sure how I feel about the modern hot topic of islam, a basketball forum as such is a interesting place to learn everyday people views as people joining politcal forums likely are further away from being everday people(in a bad way) then the users on clutchfans are... but it's a bit hard to do that because most of the D&D is **** talk to one another (Idiots! Libetards! Right wing nutjob! Appoligist! Racist! Etc...) instead of focusing on the topics at hand.

1 person likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Every single one of them deserved it when I said it.

And it's still true that, typical for leftists, you directed your anger at a Christian, but when Muslims say similar or worse things, you say nothing.

Often, that happens out of fear of being labeled an "Islamaphobe" or racist or xenophobe. The truth is, however, that even very conservative Christians stand for less "fundamentalist" viewpoints than most mainstream Muslims when it comes to rights of women, gays, apostasy, freedom of speech.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

Some yes they can but that's discriminate against many based on intellectual level

Well said

18. cml750

cml750 Member

Eric Riley, I saw one of your post quoted in an ATW post. You said I was one of the 12 to actually vote for this???? You need to check again before you spout off untrue bull****. You know it is a public poll that you can see who voted for what. Typical liberal, they rarely know what they are talking about. If you get your head out of your butt you would be able to see a lot better.

#118 cml750, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

For someone who loves putting posters on ignore, cml sure loves not ignoring them.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

But when push came to shove, you decided you could not oppose the proposal. Which does not speak well for someone who is trying so hard to protest being included in the group that voted for the proposal.

And... I agree with the fchowd0311, you sure seem to comment about and respond to ignored posts a lot. Its like how my daughters used to stick their fingers in their ears saying they could not hear me. :grin: Of course, they were below ten years old at the time...

UPDATE:

It appears you are listed under those "against" after saying:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10616601&postcount=80

Kudos for rethinking your position and joining those who have some sense of right versus wrong.

#120 NewRoxFan, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016