1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newt Gingrich: Test every Muslim in U.S. to see if they believe in Sharia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 15, 2016.

?

Would you be for the Test or against the Test?

1. For

14.6%
  2. Against

85.4%
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/15/politics/newt-gingrich-hannity-interview/index.html

Would you be for or against this?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Love the public poll.

3. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I watched him say this yesterday and started laughing. I don't think he ever said if he was talking about immigrants or every Muslim. He definitely should be the VP candidate. He's just as bat sh** crazy as Trump. He even said that if you visit a site that is affiliated with terrorism that you should go to prison. With that type of minset where does it stop? Supremacist groups? Anti government groups? I heard him say that and was like that would never happen. Then I thought of China......

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. It's unconstitutional
    2. It's degrading
    3. It accomplishes nothing (the dangerous people will just lie)
    4. It stokes the flames even more.

The people who commit these acts of violence are not devout Muslims. It's been shown radicals who commit the acts are actually people who like to drink, have extramarital sex, and so forth.

The aim of terrorist attacks is to kick start a wider war between all Muslims and the west - this is dependent on creating a backlash against Muslims. Actions like this accomplish nothing but serving that intention.

Newt is just playing a political game.

5. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

China has their work cut out for them as a sensorship country. If they sensor everything, how do they stop tourists as well as their foreign exchange students from bringing in new ideas and culture into the country? I'm sure there are bunch of Chinese foreign exchange students jerking off to American/International p*rn in their college dorms or housing for the very first time.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Maybe with the delay in the VP announcement, Newt is making one last push to change Trump's mind.

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The firewall is only firewall to the tech noobs, I have used proxy servers and got around the firewall in China, extremely easy to do.

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

How do you even test this? If they know the consequences, why would they say they believe in it? I have no issue with people who want additional and alternative court systems for themselves.

I don't take issue with groups who want to have additional restrictions and judicial systems. They're still subject to American and state laws. They can't follow the strict Sharia law like the Wahhabists. But if they, like some Jews, want to settle financial and marital disputes in instances that no state or federal laws are being broken...go ahead.

This might sound good, but it's a practically worthless policy in terms of keeping us any safer from Islamic terrorism.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

So you access p*rn, libertarian, and free society propaganda while staying in China?

11. Amiga

Supporting Member

Yes, but I would strongly advice against it. Wait till you are out of China to do any of those crazy stuff.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Even if this test would work (which it won't), even if you could deport people who fail (which is unconstitutional), all you'd be doing is sending a bunch of angry people back to the Middle East, where they can really join ISIS.

Are we sure Newt's not secretly ISIS? His plan would be great for ISIS recruitment.

13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Do you believe in the application of 'Sharia law' over American civil law?"

"No."

"Really?"

"No."

[leans back, looking at supervisor] "This guy's unbreakable."

[supervisor leans in] "Ask one more time, they usually break after three questions."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Ok, go through."

2 people like this.
  14. Amiga

Supporting Member

Obviously, people can lie or refuses to take the test. Got to scan that head of them. Much more reliable.

(if he was serious and want to do something like this and be a bit more sophisticated - you wouldn't ask anything - just secretively gather their pattern, usage, and when pattern match - deport)

15. pirc1

I searched google, and some used a couple gaming sites, not sure why they were blocked, that was a while back on my last visit. people constantly post proxy server and vpn servers to help people get around the firewall, but the proxys only last a short while before being blocked(days usually). The common term used is jump the wall.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

What is the punishment when caught masturbating? Do they ran sack your dwellings and personal electronic devices for evidence of unauthorized p*rn?

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Does this mean that conservatives will no longer claim that the Constitution is a sacred document?

18. pirc1

LOL, and what do we do with the citizens born in this country? Do we deport them to Saudi Arabia if they answer yes?:grin:

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

You really think it would be that easy to determine "secretly" who believes in sharia law? What pattern would they be search for? Internet searches for sharia punishment?

Are we talking about deporting any American Muslims who might support some form of Sharia?

20. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

You will never be able to fully censor an entire country, especially one with a billion plus people. Even North Korea with their stringent attempt still cannot fully control the population. Remember seeing a report that people smuggle in South Korean television shows which if caught with would probably have you killed.

I'm more talking about trying to watch and prosecute people that visit sites that would turn you enemy of the state. When I brought up China I was talking about the numerous reports on human rights violations when it comes to civilians speaking against the government that seems to me are extreme.

If you open that discussion on giving people prison time for visiting Muslim extremists websites, where would that stop?

That along with talk of testing people is oddly more communist chasing cold war rhetoric then forward thinking future.