1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newsflash: Lazy, 'selfish' players don't get 9 assists and 7 rebounds

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a711, Nov 29, 2015.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dribble dribble........last second pass is getting old. Wish he would sit on the bench when he starts slowing the game down and bring in some energy.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's becoming painfully obvious that many members of this board only look at numbers and think they represent the play of someone.

3. hakeemthagreat

Someone make a gift outta that play Harden just gave up on a fastbreak letting his man go to the basket smh

4. awc713

awc713 Member

i'll believe he's not selfish once he shares kardashian with the team

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

hard for a superstar to get into a passing rhythm when none of your teammates can throw a rock into the ocean. its understandable for harden forget his crappy shooters throughout the game
    i know i would. i'd even make jokes about it "oh ****, i forgot, i have a 'team'. here you guys, there's the ball. can you make the wide open three doe? nope."
    if they're gonna get on harden's defense, which they should, harden needs to get on their bricks, which he should

i think brewre cant be traded till early or mid jan. im all for trading him and jones for a competent wide open three point shooter.
    assuming all the other guys, who are streaky shooters, get their shooting touch back. bev, ty, ariza, terry, and thornton..all streaky
    thornton and terry a little better but terry's old so that slows him down, and thornton just has a better shot, still streaky

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

It's hard to throw a rock into the ocean when you're guarding your guy and Haren's guy all game every game and then have no energy left to make shots fall in.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Several times last night where the eternal homer Bill Worrell got frustrated wit Harden

That should tell you all you need to know

8. hakeemthagreat

This

But I guess when you have 7 assist it makes up for everything:(

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

At least Steve Francis got a little more creative with his hangovers and called them Ménière's disease.

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

thats ariza, whom i (mostly) excuse and dont want traded. what bout the other guys?

its not just one player tis the team. harden goes into tunnel vision-iso mode
    team chucks 3pt bricks and dont pass to dwight
    coach doesnt do sht
    fans of other teams clown their ass off against the rockets
    fans on clutchfans make knee jerk threads on who needs to be fired or traded or killed
    and i have to watch it all unfold! its not a good cycle :mad:

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Anyone who watched the game last night knows we almost lost the game because of James Harden. There were many times that he had Porzingas on him by himself out on the perimeter and instead of going by him and taking the ball to the rim he settled for a 3pt shot over a 7 footer.

There was a time late in the game when the Rockets were successfully scoring in the post. The Rockets had all the momentum and only a couple a points behind. James then started ponding the rock and dribbling out the clock standing in one spot waring for a last second, highly contested perimeter shot. He was not even looking for his team mates, never looked up. Even Bill Worrell asked out loud, "What is James doing?". Pore shots by James resulted in easy fast breaks by New York. There was absolutely zero reason for James to start going all ISO.

Those are only a couple of examples but there were many times throughout the game where James screwed up just as bad.

On the flip side, Aaron Afflalo made James his b****. Sorry but if you watched the game its just a fact.

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Some people are just stubbornly stupid. It doesn't take a genius to recognize that Harden holds the ball too often. Of course he is going to get 9 assists when he holds the ball the entire game and determines if someone will get a shot or he will jack up some step back jumper. It's beyond obvious that Harden's play this season has been sub-par for his standards.

Also, what good is 9 assists when you get 7-9 turnovers to go along with it.

Wake up dude. You don't have to hate Harden, or want him gone, to recognize that his play this season is hurting us -- even with 40+pts and 10+assists.

You can't NOT get sh#$ when you don't play ANY defense whatsoever.

14. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Being objective here he actually guarded affalo very good all 3 of those possessions. Better offense wins against good defense is the saying that would apply here.

Affalo had it going last night and has always been a pretty good shooter. I mean honestly if you tell me he would have had 31 shooting 70% and KP would have 20/11 shooting 8/13 and the rockets win I would have said no.

This was a good win no matter how some of you want to spin it. First the Knicks arnt that bad and second they have quite a bit of talent on the roster. Good team win by us

16. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I agree 100 percent. without harden we are philly.

17. ibm

ibm Member

huh? remember the 09 playoff rockets? we didnt have harden back then, and i'd rather have that version of the rockets team, tbh.

i knock on harden (or any franchise player of the rockets) if he plays poorly. i give him praise whenever he plays well. i believe many others do the same. is there anything wrong with it? why take it so personal? i'd argue that, if one gets personal about it, one has the tendency of being a X(player)-only-fan.

18. a711

a711 Member

He didn't get 7-9 turnovers last night.....

Some people are just dumb

19. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

i thought james defense on afflalo was fine, but afflalo got the better of him shooting well. however afflalo never got to shoot on the knicks last possession of the 4q. thomas wanted to pass it to afflalo in the post, but james was battling for position, and thomas ended up taking and missing a 3 instead of getting it to the hot hand.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Box scores don't tell you anything about defense. Harden is leading a culture of laziness where we fail to close out on shooters. The stat to support this is opposing team 3pt%, where we've gotta be one of the worst in the NBA (can't check now bc I'm at work).