1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Newsday) Knicks after TMac since summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDaCowboy, Nov 21, 2009.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

The Jazz own their pick next year. I'm not sure what the 2011 draft is like, but something like that seems so far away.

However the Knicks do have Danilo Gallinari. I'm not too fond of the kid...however the Raptors GM might be. How does trading Tmac and cook for Mobley's contract, Darko and Gallinari sound? Then we flip Scola, Darko, Gallinari and our 2010 pick for Bosh.

Why the Knicks do it:
    The Knicks are going for LBJ so Gallinari who plays the same position won't matter anyway. However what might matter to him is having pieces around the team already. If Tmac is as recovered as he is saying he should have no problem carrying that team to the playoffs, hell he took us there so often already. That should be more enticing to the King then anything else, he can go play with a resigned Tmac, Duhon and Lee. Plus if they make the playoffs the Jazz won't get a lottery pick, making the last Isiah legacy not hurt so much.

Why the Raptors do it:

Everyone knows Bosh is sick and tired of staying in Canada, the way things are going the Raps are just gonna lose him in free agency. I'm not sure what their contract situation is, but with Turkoglu resigned to a 10+ mill contract they're probably capped out as well. With this trade they receive a backup C in Darko, and a pretty good pf in Scola. Gallinari and our 2010 pick are sweeteners. Plus Colangelo can now really call his team American-free :p

2. Chamillionaire

Chandler
    Hill
    Gallinari
    Mobley
    Milicic

for

Mac
    + filler

That'll give us at least 2 players, Hill is a rookie and has great upside, Gallinari might turn out well, if not ship him to TOR. Mobley's contract is covered, and Chandler can play, Milicic can be that backup we've been looking for, and at least is a legit 5.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I can understand not wanting to take Curry or Jefferies but the knicks are not trading for TMac unless one of those 2 is included so lets be realistic. I'd take Curry because of our height need but the only way I'd take him is if he doesn't cost us anything. Since we aren't going to be major players in the 2010 FA market, the thing we need focus on is to:
    1) Resign our current FA
    2) Spend our MLE (wisely)
    3) Stay under the LT
    4) Don't toast the books for years to come.

If you trade for Curry, Mobley, Darko,Chandler and cash for Tracy, Cook, Taylor and Mr can't play in the D-League then you can use Mobley's retirement money to get under the LT this year and next (#3). Curry only has 1 year remaining (#4) so if you take Curry's contract for 2010-11 and subtract the money you save this year (in double salary pay for over the LT, getting LT money and any other salary savings from the trade) then make the Knicks pay the rest if Curry's salary (it shouldn't be that much remaining) - Curry costs us nothing. We could cut him if we want though I'd keep him around for practice fodder, next year's trade fodder and our new victory cigar player. I know Curry is a TO machine and a black hole on the O but the Knicks are not trading good players away with expiring contracts for a max expiring player coming off surgery - not without sending over a poison pill. I think we can take the poison pill and turn it into a placebo.

So then the trade becomes our trash for their poison/our placebo and some players we can use. And if your Morey I'm sure you can squeeze a couple of 2nd rounders or maybe a 1st to sweeten the deal.

4. 1individual

1individual Member

^ You're absolutely right about having to take on of them. Read a lot of feedback from Knick fans, and they're excited to have T-Mac if one of them goes (Jeffery or Curry). :)