1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

NEWS: Yao Says He'll Stay a Rocket, Trains with Falsone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by user, Sep 15, 2004.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

I am a regular there most of the time. But I do want to share great stuff about Yao Ming with you guys here. Do you want me to spend more time here ???:D :cool: :D

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

We always want more excellent translators around here... just be prepared for the Yang Yi haters. :cool:

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

so will someone please explain the wet dream thing?

4. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

sure.. why not ;)

what happend to that site anyways? apparently the merged. was there any money involved?

5. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Probably no $$$$$ involved.

What basically happened was that the site I was visiting/posting for the past 2 years had been single-handedly ran and managed by an American-Japanese Yao Ming fan who is an IT professional in Houston with little donations or financial supports from others.

He just felt the work too daunting after 2 years running his site as it completely depreived him of his personal life/rest time, $$$$ spent on server hosting and storage space and affected his work as well.

But instead of quitting and scraping his excellent works for the past 2 years, he talked the official Yao Ming fan club, ClubYao into a merger; his site is going to be absorbed into ClubYao, where he can draw on the technical resources (i.e. server hosting and storage space) and professional support of ClubYao to help him out; by doing so, he could continue writing his expert detailed analysis of Yao Ming in every game, and continue the fan forums as a subsection in ClubYao in future.

A win-win scenario for ClubYao as well, as their site previously had not got any worthy fan forums of any kind.

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Okay. Here goes.

When a husband and wife love each other very much, they think about becoming a daddy and mommy. When they decide to have a baby, they start sleeping in the same bed, until the mommy starts getting fat. Later a little baby gets born and they live together as a happy family. But before any of that happens, the guy will often spill is goop all over his shorts while he is dreaming about p*rn stars and supermodels. You're welcome.

7. user

user Member

More news about the training and his future with the Rockets:

Yang Yi's long coverage after Olympic in Chinese:

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2004-09-20/10261156329.shtml

If you hate Yang Yi, just stop right here. It's all right! :cool:

About Yao's condition: 303-304 lbs, a bit lighter than right after the Olympic. He took just 3 days off after the Olympic before resumming his strength training. Falsone believed that JVG will be happy with Yao's condition. Falsone was with Yao since 9/9 and companied Yao flight back to the U.S. today. And some detail how Falsone trained Yao. Interesting.

About future with Houston: New contract can only happen at 2006. He will not leave Houston lightly as long as he's happy, does well with the team and he sees hope of Championship at the time.

I guess if the Rocket management don't see hope of championship around 2006, they will ship Yao away anyway.

Oh, Yao gave himself 2 more year to reach the level of TD and KG.

8. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Technically his long-term contract extension can't start until 2006, but he can sign it next summer, 2005, with the Rox.

That's interesting. At 304 lbs, that would be the lightest Yao's been at since the beginning of his rookie year when we was weighing in at 296. I guess maybe the Rox staff is looking for Yao to go the other way with his body, and build it to be more lean and mean. I'm sure he's stronger than he's ever been with Falsone dogging him this summer, and maybe this will be the answer to his conditioning problems. So instead of building the next Shaq, they try to make Yao into a 7'6" David Robinson with skills and a massive base.

That's the kind of confidence I like seeing from the big fella. Whoo! Can't wait for the season to start.