1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[news] Rockets sign Torraye Braggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

No link...just word of mouth.

Torraye Braggs signed today. I know he played here a couple of years ago and a few other places.

Just a space filler, I guess.

Was he in the NBDL?

2. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I like Braggs a lot!!!

3. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

If this is really true that would be good news. I like Braggs.
    But...I gotta see a link confirming this first

Wasnt he playing on some Russian team?

4. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Don't trust me? ;)

[​IMG]

5. zksb09

zksb09 Member

braggs has no offense rite? how good is he on the boards? i had the impression he was a big lug with no skillz

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Braggs did a good job filling in for MoT when he was hurt last season. Big body that was a decent rebounder for us.

I would have liked James Thomas better but Braggs will do.

7. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

JVG seems to like to stick with guys he knows already.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I like Braggs, he hustled a lot when we had him before.

9. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I think he is a good pickup. As good as we can get right now. I was actually impressed when he played for Rox last year.

Good movement. Considering Paddget can't do a thing right now, I will put Braggs ahead of him.

10. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Braggs is good.

I was quite surprised when Rockets let him go

11. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Why didn't they annnounce it if he signed.

12. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

As I recall he averaged like 3 rpg in 12 minutes of play. So that's what, like 12 rebounds per 48 minutes. Hard worker, young legs, good pickup.

13. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

same here. braggs really impressed me with his hustle and determination to get every board as possible and clean the glass. iw as surprised they let him go back then but if this news is true, then im very happy that he's back!

14. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

I am just confused about one thing..
    Here is an article from about a month ago and it states:
    http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2005/feb/20/yehey/sports/20050220spo1.html

Edit: Woohooo, guess he is not in Russia anymore and is now signed by the Rox according to some other posted article. Thats good news. :D

#14 aeroman10, Mar 19, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  15. yaomania

yaomania Contributing Member

Rockets Sign Torraye Braggs

HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets have signed forward Torraye Braggs, General Manager Carroll Dawson announced today.
    Braggs, who had a brief stint with the Rockets during the 2003-2004 season, averaged 3.1 points and 3.1 rebounds in 11 games with Houston. The 6-8, 245-pound forward has since played with the Washington Wizards, the Yamika Sun Kings of the Continental Basketball Association and the Sioux Falls Skyforce of the Continental Basketball Association. Braggs, most recently, has been playing overseas in Russia.

The Rockets roster now stands at 12 active players: Vin Baker, Jon Barry, Ryan Bowen, Braggs, Mike James, Tracy McGrady, Dikembe Mutombo, Scott Padgett, Bob Sura, David Wesley, Clarence Weatherspoon and Yao Ming. Juwan Howard (right knee sprain), Moochie Norris (left foot plantar fasciitis) and Charlie Ward (right knee surgery) are on the injured list

#15 yaomania, Mar 19, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  16. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

A great great [sic] pick up.

I dare to say that he is a better rebounder and defender that Juwan. He can knock down the ocassional jumper and he hussles like a Bo Outlaw. He is also a great offense facilitator just like coach Carlisle referred to Davis as.

He is wide, solid wing span and strong. He is a selfless team player who has an incling for stepping up his game when duty calls for it.

He knows the Rox and the Rox know him. He was just a victim of numbers and guaranteed salaries.

Great pick once again. He could start comfortably ahead of the rest of the PF we have and play up to 35 minutes a night if need be.

17. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Wow, I'm surprised he is back in the fold. His play didn't warrant his being cut last year in the first place, so one of the two principals involved here has had a change of heart or attitude.

Given that it's past the deadline and the pickings are slim, this is a good move.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Braggs seems like the best fit. He knows the system, and therefore wouldn't hurt as much as a newcomer when it comes to miscommunications. Braggs can also probably do what JVG wants more than other options, even if they are more talented.

On the other hand, signing him certainly doesn't say much for JVG's confidence in Weatherspoon or Baker.

19. poonie

poonie Contributing Member

Folks, I have one question for you.

Can he play for us in the playoff?

20. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

i remember something about him not passing the drug tests... and that we wanted him...

But anyway great pickup.