1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

News on Frank Ocean.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SK34, Jul 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

Right. I agree with that, its how I see it too. Casual interest in the music, whatever. Deep loyal interest, a little different.

Like I already said, not ALL music is so one-size-fits-all "open interpretation". I don't wanna hear that R-Kelly "Bump & Grind" can be RE-interpreted to another perspective. Or Prince "Darling Nikki". Sorry, doesnt work.

BUT, you can always like the physical rhythms, notes, melodies and hooks to songs apart from the core message. And musicians are part "actors" too in that they can play roles and characters (Like Kate Bush). Like Neil Patrick Harris on How I Met Your Mother, in song form.

Of course against-the-grain awkward hipster pundits will now suspiciously give more "cred" to Ocean's music. Predictable.

2. SK34

SK34 Member

Haha those songs are amazing. He is a talented dude. Too bad I cant listen to nostalgic like I did before, well some songs, because that tape was fire.

3. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Member

It hasn't hit me upon first spin like Nostalgia did.
    Tho it damn sure is a good album. I'ma give it a few more rotations.
    But after the first listen the standouts for me are:

Thinking Bout You, Sweet Life, Super Rich Kids, Pyramids, Bad Religion, Forrest Gump and Pink Matter

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qb4F3u9niYQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qb4F3u9niYQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

^^ LOVE the DBZ reference

4. SK34

SK34 Member

Lmfao RT @fcknAMBERalert: Or *******.. RT “@iTripCripples: Pink Matter is all about vagina.”

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Genius move. Noone will criticize his album or they will be labeled a homophobe.

6. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Member

Someone may not...

But something will....

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ocean-channel-orange-20120712,0,2462168.story