1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

News Anchor Fired for Flashing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dark Rhino, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Not really sure if this is bbs worthy, but what the heck. Just an interesting excerpt; please note that somewhere on the web there are photos...

Friday, January 23, 2004

By Eric Burns

Once upon a recent time--in the city of Youngstown, in the state of Ohio, and in the age of the world-wide web--there dwelled a young lass named Catherine Bosley (search).

Like many another young lass of her physical and verbal endowments, fair Catherine was a local news anchor. For 10 years, she sat behind a desk and in front of a camera at WKBN-TV (search), and read to her fellow citizens the telepromptered tales of her time: of shootings and fires, of robberies and car wrecks, of city council meetings and street fairs. She introduced the sports guy, made merry with the weather guy.

Unfortunately, she journeyed last year to Key West, Fla., and there made a different kind of merry.

It seems that 10 months or so ago, fair Catherine and her husband departed the bitter climes of winter Youngstown and went to the Florida outpost on vacation. The couple’s mood was celebratory--for two reasons. One, Catherine and her mate were observing the first anniversary of their union. Two, Catherine had just recovered from “a near-fatal lung disease similar to tuberculosis.” Or so sayeth she. And she had also had open-heart surgery.

So the lass went to a bar and made a “spur-of-the-moment, silly irresponsible” decision to enter a wet T-shirt contest. That was bad enough. Worse, the contest degenerated (if, in fact, a wet T-shirt contest is elevated enough in the first place to be susceptible to degeneration) into an informal strip-tease competition. Fair Catherine partook of the challenge. She shook, she shimmied, she strutted. And she disrobed, that the shaking and shimmy and strutting might better reveal the assets beneath her garments.

Afterward, she maintains, she felt terrible. Yea, even blasphemous. “I disappointed myself...I disappointed God.” But she was about to feel even worse, for there was at the bar a knave taking pictures of the proceedings and, about two weeks ago, the photos showed up, as all things must in this day and age, on-line.

Fair Catherine was mortified. Fair Catherine was abashed. Fair Catherine was ruined. She spake as follows to her loyal subjects in Youngstown: “I know that I have to set a standard and I’m a bit of a role model, so I take responsibility for what I’m supposed to be held up to. This definitely goes down in one of those categories of ‘what was I thinking? What was I thinking?’”

But did she take responsibility? Catherine, you see, also spake this: “It was 20 to 30 minutes of my life. It didn’t hurt anybody. I didn’t do anything obscene. It was funny at the time.”

But many months later, when the photos appeared in Youngstown--in the state of Ohio, and in the age of the world-wide web--it was without the accompanying humor. Catherine resigned her position. She is no longer a WKBN-TV anchor. Someone else is bantering with the sports and weather folk these days, and Catherine’s T-shirts are as dry as a patch of the Gobi.

The damsel was aware of a certain risk at the time. She claims that she asked the bouncers at the Key West bar whether the wet T-shirt contest would be part of the “Girls Gone Wild” (search) video series, or whether pictures of the event would be distributed nationally. No, she says she was told; what occurreth here, stayeth here.

It is for this reason that fair Catherine is now conferring with a lawyer about taking legal action against the bar. As for what the future will hold, she does not know.

According to a local journalist, the deposed anchor “hopes the episode will allow her to explore other career opportunities in the community.”

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,109362,00.html

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

heh...found the evidence. Wasn't hard to find.

She shed it all....

3. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Well, I don't know what to say. From the pics she definitely didn't look 37, but man, what is she thinking. The best question would be what does her kids think about their mother. I just can't imagine the kind of crap they'll have to go through everyday now.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That has to be one of the worst jobs ever done on surgical enhancement of female breasts.

5. Uprising

Talk about a big GAP.

6. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Not exactly what I would call flashing.

7. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

There are all sorts of people there with cameras, she couldn't possibly believe those were all official bar photographers or that the bar could control what happened to all the photos taken there.

8. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

The pictures I saw made it look like she had oranges implanted. Really bad surgery job.

9. tozai

tozai Member

damn I was thinking it was Dominique...

10. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

She should sue the plastic surgeon, not the bar.

11. ths balla

ths balla Member

where are the pictures?

12. Uprising

I don't think it would be appropriate to post the link the the webpage I found that had about 30 pics of her in the "contest".

It's not hard dude.

Ever heard of Google? Look up here name, click on the first link. Bingo. Easy as that.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You said it the way I wanted to say it!

14. Uprising

Nothing like a woman who has her feet covered in bandaids.

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

You don't have to use google, just go to the page on Fox with the story, then click the word (search) which is in the first paragraph and sure enough, they hae a list of links.

16. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Haven't checked the pics because from what i hear, this is an accurate prediction...

17. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

- removed -

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

From the looks of it, that looks like good old Rumrunner's....I spent a lot of time there during one spring break back in college. Nothing like seeing seemingly normal chicks just decide to take their clothes off and show their hammers for no apparent reason.

19. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Man, the only reason she got fired is that her audience and bosses don't want to look at her anymore now that they know she looks like "that" naked. The morals are just a weak excuse.

20. Summer Song Giver

Impossible to give the ole pearl necklace if ya know what I mean. It's like Moses came through with his staff and..... oh, nevermind; teehee

sorry if this was too inappropriate