1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[News] 12-year-old Arkansan to face DUI charges

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MattM, May 19, 2008.

1. MattM

MattM Member

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90OTF6G0&show_article=1

HARTMAN, Ark. (AP) - An Arkansas preteen faces a drunken driving charge after he and a friend drank his parents' beer, "got liquored up" and crashed his stepfather's pickup truck, the Johnson County sheriff said.
    Sheriff Jimmy Dorney said the 12-year-old boy and his 10-year-old friend drove off in the truck May 4 to find a girl they met at a rodeo. The boys made it about 10 miles before the 12-year-old lost control of the truck.

Dorney said the truck hit and jumped over a guardrail, sending it careening 50 feet down a steep hill into a forest.

Clark James, 46, who lives down the road from the crash site, said he answered the boys' banging at his front door with shotgun in hand about 2:30 a.m.

"I opened the door and the first thing (the 12-year-old) said to me was, 'I'm drunk and I had a wreck,'" James said. "I looked at him and I thought 'You're kind of young to be out drinking. And you sure shouldn't be driving.'"

Neither boy was seriously injured in the crash.

County prosecutor Bruce Wilson said that he will charge the 12-year- old boy with drunken driving and several other misdemeanor charges in district and juvenile court in Johnson County.

Wilson said the 12-year-old could face a variety of sanctions ranging from probation, to court-mandated community service and alcohol rehabilitation, to commitment to the state Department of Human Services Division of Youth Services.

Teresa Belew, executive director of the Arkansas chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, said the 12-year-old is the youngest person she's heard of facing a drunken-driving charge in the state.

James bets that both Johnson County boys are grounded for life.

"If not, then they should be," he said.

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

"I wanted to do redneck things with my friends"

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Please, no jokes. :(

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Never mind.

BWAHAHAHAHA! :D

5. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

fixed. ;)

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

7. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

This article is hilarious. Is it real? I hope they make it into a movie someday.

I hope people aren't not posting about this being hilarious because of the drinking and driving. It's hilarious. I laughed. Hilarious.