1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[New York Times] Yao's Uncertain Future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dschwab, Apr 20, 2011.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yao coming back at Vet's min is no hindrance to the team. He can be there on the bench, play sparing minutes, or he can start i he is magically returns to form. Either way, he will effect the team in a positive way. If he gets injured, so be it, he only takes up like 2 mil on the salary cap.

2. rjr

rjr Member

Sign him 4 cheap and keep on the bench.LOL He will always be the best center coming of the bench, if we can get any thing more out of him better for us.

3. PeppermintCandy

I'm not sure Yao would want to come back to Houston. Would he want to spend his final NBA years on what is essentially a rebuilding team?

I guess he might out of a sense of loyalty or a desire for stability. After all, he's never had to deal with any other American city as home.

4. FaBo

FaBo Member

Did you even read the article posted by the guy who opened the thread? Just for you:

'“I like it here. I’m used to playing here,” Yao said an an interview on HoustonRockets.com. “I’m comfortable, really, really comfortable to play here and I have my family here. I’m not really planning to leave.”'

Sounds like he wants to come back to Houston, doesn't it?

Anyways, I'm not sure if Yao's return would work out that well. I mean, nobody can seriously expect Yao to play a full season and not get injured after all that happened in the past. I really like this guy and I think a healthy Yao is the best center in the league, but I would not keep him due to the constant risk of a season-ending injury.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is part of the problem with the super tall. The human body isn't designed (evolved) to work so great at that size. If you look at most really big men they have all had to deal with leg and foot injuries.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

-Link-

<!-- end_ct -->

7. PeppermintCandy

Yeah, I've read those quotes too. I guess I mean would it really be in Yao's best interest to play for Houston at this point.

I'm impressed with his sense of loyalty, but if he feels the Rockets are going into rebuilding mode for the next two or three seasons, I wouldn't mind if he took his talents to a contending team. It could be in the best interest of both Yao and the Rockets.

8. themacisback

themacisback Member

9. New Generation

Alot of topics on this already, but I would easily take him back...maybe for ~4 mil?

10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I dont understand why we cant just give him a 1 year deal at the vets minimum? Just like how the pistons did with tmac. Is cause Yao is 7 feet 6 inches or what? I think it's stupid.

11. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I don't know. No one has brought this question up so I have not thought about it before.

... IBTL.

12. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Did someone merge my post into this thread? If so, this post was not intended for this thread.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

They merged that entire repost of a thread into the older one.

14. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Yao should return. He is a great "asset". DM should go on 610 and leak that yao's rehab is ahead of schedule so other GM's can get wind of it!

15. Raven

Raven Member

Yao is like kryptonite, his mere presence is enough to sap Les and Daryl's good judgment. I wish him the best, but I hope he attempts his next doomed comeback with another team.