1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New York State AG Leticia James has filed a civil fraud lawsuit against Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by No Worries, Sep 21, 2022.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't understand everything in this accusation but it seems that her issue is over valuation. Regardless she isn't going after the charitable donation tax angle the way I read it

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Her issue is over fraud.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I know. I was referring to the quote I responded to. I know her issue is fraud as that is what she said in her presser.

That being said the quote does talk about charitable donations and i don't understand the quote.

I understand other posters taking issue with my issues with this lawsuit. From what ive seen from legal analysts/talking heads it's not an easy case for either Trump or James.

It leads to stupid arguments like this is about Weisselberg when the Manhattan DA who charged Weisselberg apparently has interest in this.

I don't like Trump as a person or politician but I don't let that affect my opinion on random Trump topics. I respect Rocketsjudoka but he is posting like he's proven that this is about Weisselberg. It's ridiculous.James didn't talk about the CFO investigation or anything else but fraud. Again I don't care about the fraud because I haven't lent Trump money

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

@No Worries could you change the thread title to “Pgabs rambling “

Thanks,

-Management

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I don't think @rocketsjudoka is saying this lawsuit is about Weisselberg. This lawsuit is about the Trump company. But, Weisselberg had intimate knowledge and participated in the allegations.

That being said, Weisselberg's name is referenced 95 times in the complaint. And it is very clear within the complaint he is well aware of and participated in the alleged fraud directed by Trump.

With respect to charitable donations, there are at least 2 instances mentioned where numbers were fudged regarding properties and charities.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Donald Trump and children are sued by New York attorney general for fraud

September 21, 20225:53 PM EDT

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg has separately charged the Trump Organization with criminal tax fraud, and is preparing for an Oct. 24 trial.

Weisselberg has pleaded guilty and is expected to testify against the company, which has pleaded not guilty.

"Our criminal investigation concerning former President Donald J. Trump, the Trump Organization, and its leadership is active and ongoing," Bragg said in a statement.

HakeemOnlyFan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Weisselberg has already been convicted for his personal taxes but as part of his plea deal is that he will cooperate on other prosecution and as CFO of Trump Organization he was intimitely involved in the fraud including for his own compensation. The information from Weisselberg's conviction is available to AG James and is why Weisselberg is named in the lawsuit.

All of this is obvious both in the complaint and from his Weisselberg's convcition. Saying Weisselberg isn't involved and his conviction has nothign to do with this would be like claiming that Derek Chauvin has nothing to do with the Federal conviction of Thomas Lane.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He is the CFO and it's about bank fraud. The CFO deals with banks.

It has nothing to do with his case. That's what was claimed

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Weisselberg's name is mentioned nearly one hundred times in this suit. I'd say his actions have something to do with it.

VooDooPope and No Worries like this.
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It has nothing to do with his tax case. It has to do with his position dealing with the bank

12. bobrek

Are you talking about the case that Weisselberg has already pled guilty to and as long as he honestly testifies he will have the benefit of a pretty good plea bargain?

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You forgot ina different jurisdiction in a criminal case. this is civil

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I can't keep track of all the legal trouble Trump is in. We need some kind of master thread with the overview and links to all the sub-threads for each case.

15. bobrek

Clearly this case is not primarily about Weisselberg, however his testimony is damning to the Trump corporation, regardless of what jurisdiction he pled guilty in.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Check the Hunter Biden thread

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You have Weisselberg testimony about this?

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's also ridiculous to say it's a different jurisdiction. James joined Bragg's case against Weisselberg informally specifically to share information with Bragg for future prosecutions. She was involved in that case.

Of course this case is not specifically about Weisselberg. I don't think anyone ever said that.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  19. bobrek

If you're talking about his testimony with respect to his involvement in the suit the NY AG is pursuing, various things that he admitted to are included in the filed complaint either implicitly or explicitly.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What various things

This is 3 year old investigation. Weisselberg just happy