1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

New York State AG Leticia James has filed a civil fraud lawsuit against Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by No Worries, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That sounds like @Commodore and bitcoin except without the family of course.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I kept telling you to stfuf about Weisselberg because it has nothing to do with this and you have not said how it does. I challenged you by saying James doesn't say it's about Weisselberg so those are facts so don't talk **** about facts

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

See my response about that post immediately above this post

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Do we really have to thank anybody but L James?

Do you that question by AOC was something nobody else would ask?

Who has antipathy for AOC its certainly not the right or the left she gets a rise out of both sides.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is important. Businesses love the US and like to invest here because we take fraud very seriously. NY or any state that sits idle and allow blatant fraud to run rampant in their state is not doing its job. This is probably more important than the monetary damages.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Did you read the lawsuit?

She specifically mentions Weisselberg as having contributed to the falsifications, though he is not a named party in the lawsuit. He was investigated and indicted as part of the broader investigation into the Trump org. He plead guilty to 15 counts in exchange for agreeing to testify against the Trump org in a future trial. As part of his plea agreement he stipulated to falsifying business records and tax records.

How does it NOT have anything to do with him?

HakeemOnlyFan, Agent94 and Andre0087 like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, you’re posting nonsense, but at least you’re posting nonsense you believe, in defense of corrupt trump
    Where are all your fellow babbling trumper buddies, ready to lie on command?
    At least you really believe trump’s BS….they don’t, but are usually eager to lie for their hero
    Are they hiding in the bushes in Florida, drooling over DeSantis, trump 2.069?
    Now that trump is sinking into a morass of future prison time, up to his fat a*s in legal horror show?

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I gave you one example. Undervaluing his assets means he didn't pay enough tax to the state of NY. Tell me how that doesn't affect NY.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Weisselberg's case wasn't broader about the Trump company it was specific about his taxes. Broader, he isn't being charged as Trump's employee but as a taxpayer. He is the only one in the organization facing those type of charges

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He is facing tax fraud cases in New York?

11. justtxyank

It absolutely was broader. They focused in on crimes they could get him on specifically to get him to agree to testify against the Trump organization.

The lawsuit just filed specifically names him as a party to the fraud but not as a target of the lawsuit. You think that's a coincidence?

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Haven't been able to keep up with the thread, but just to say...I hope they DO get him for something so that he cannot run again. I just think that the more the AG makes her personal disdain for Trump obvious, the more he can use the argument that this is bias-driven and political rather than just applying the law. So I think her communication style is counter-productive.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. justtxyank

She referred the tax issues to both the IRS and NY state prosecutors for criminal charges.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What in the civil case brought by James are references to employee compensation?

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AG James cites a pattern of tax fraud:
    "the Trump Organization knowingly and intentionally created more than 200 false and misleading valuations of assets on his annual Statements of Financial Condition to defraud financial institutions."
    Weisselberg was the Trump Organization's accountant and was convicted of tax evasion because of fraudulent compensation paid for by Trump. Cost like compensation of employees would be considered in valuation of a business.

Besides that though all your other arguments that he's overvaluing ignores that he is also undervaluing and overvaluing is also fraud whether a bank catches it or not.

But just keep on swearing if that makes you feel better.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Do you realize that Weisselberg and actions that he took with regards to the Trump Organization are mentioned a number of times in the complaint filed by the NY AG?

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Your quote has nothing to do with Weisselberg or employee compensation

18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Much of Trump's defense is political. Claiming bias against him is a political defense. Claiming that people will riot is a political defense. There is no way then for prosecutors to avoid sounding political when pursuing Trump since he will make it political.

justtxyank likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No I'm not reading it because it has nothing to do with my point. But feel free to show me but I'm not looking at it because it has nothing to do with my point

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

The quote has to do with tax evasion regarding valuation. As a company owner yes employee compensation is considered in valuation of the company.